[Board of Trade Building in early Texas City]

Description

A photograph of the Texas City Board of Trade building in the early 1900's. The building is three stories high with Texas City National Bank and Goodson Drugstore on the ground floor at the right of the building. On the front of the building are large letters spelling "BOARD OF TRADE". On the side of the building with the bank and drugstore entrances and the letters "T C E L & W C O". Five automobiles and parked around the building. A number of men dressed in suits and hats are gathered outside the building.

Physical Description

1 photograph : b&w ; 5 x 7 in.

Creation Information

Creator: Unknown. [1907..1908].

Context

This photograph is part of the collection entitled: Rescuing Texas History, 2006 and was provided by Moore Memorial Public Library to The Portal to Texas History, a digital repository hosted by the UNT Libraries. It has been viewed 230 times , with 4 in the last month . More information about this photograph can be viewed below.

Who

People and organizations associated with either the creation of this photograph or its content.

Creator

  • We've been unable to identify the creator(s) of this photograph.

Audiences

Check out our Resources for Educators Site! We've identified this photograph as a primary source within our collections. Researchers, educators, and students may find this photograph useful in their work.

Provided By

Moore Memorial Public Library

The Moore Memorial Public Library documents the local history of Texas City and surrounding areas. Because of their work in preserving historical materials, they received the Rescuing Texas History grant.

Contact Us

What

Descriptive information to help identify this photograph. Follow the links below to find similar items on the Portal.

Description

A photograph of the Texas City Board of Trade building in the early 1900's. The building is three stories high with Texas City National Bank and Goodson Drugstore on the ground floor at the right of the building. On the front of the building are large letters spelling "BOARD OF TRADE". On the side of the building with the bank and drugstore entrances and the letters "T C E L & W C O".
Five automobiles and parked around the building. A number of men dressed in suits and hats are gathered outside the building.

Physical Description

1 photograph : b&w ; 5 x 7 in.

Notes

[This photograph was also published on page 22 in Texas City : Images of the Twentieth Century by Collier A. Campbell and Susie M. Moncla, published by The Donning Company Publishers in 1999. The caption there is listed as "Board of Trade Building, now Mainland Building, 1907-1908."]

Item Type

Identifier

Unique identifying numbers for this photograph in the Portal or other systems.

Collections

This photograph is part of the following collection of related materials.

Rescuing Texas History, 2006

Rescuing Texas History is a project that aims to digitize at-risk photographs, maps, artwork, and more. Funding was provided by the Summerlee Foundation of Dallas.

What responsibilities do I have when using this photograph?

When

Dates and time periods associated with this photograph.

Creation Date

  • [1907..1908]

Covered Time Period

Start & End Dates

  • 1907 - 1908

Added to The The Portal to Texas History

  • July 20, 2006, 10:15 a.m.

Description Last Updated

  • Sept. 26, 2016, 10:20 a.m.

Usage Statistics

When was this photograph last used?

Yesterday: 0
Past 30 days: 4
Total Uses: 230

Where

Geographical information about where this photograph originated or about its content.

Map Information

  • map marker Automatically generated Place Name coordinates.
  • Repositioning map may be required for optimal printing.

Mapped Locations

Interact With This Photograph

Here are some suggestions for what to do next.

Enlarge

Citations, Rights, Re-Use

[Board of Trade Building in early Texas City], photograph, [1907..1908]; (texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth15189/: accessed December 16, 2017), University of North Texas Libraries, The Portal to Texas History, texashistory.unt.edu; crediting Moore Memorial Public Library.