[At the port in Texas City on August 19, 1915]

Description

A view of one of the slips at the Texas City port. To the left a large cargo ship is anchored, with another ship directly behind it. On the right of the photograph, in the lower right corner, is the tugboat named J. W. Terry of Galveston. Behind it can be seen a dock and dock warehouse, with several dock workers visible. Behind it, at the end of the dock is a barge and another ship. In the lower right hand corner, embossed lettering reads "Naschke Galveston." Underneath the photograph, written in longhand, is "Texas City - Aug 19th 1915 ...

Physical Description

1 photograph : b&w ; 7 x 9.5 in.

Creation Information

Creator: Unknown. August 19, 1915.

Context

This photograph is part of the collection entitled: Rescuing Texas History, 2006 and was provided by Moore Memorial Public Library to The Portal to Texas History, a digital repository hosted by the UNT Libraries. It has been viewed 86 times . More information about this photograph can be viewed below.

Who

People and organizations associated with either the creation of this photograph or its content.

Creator

  • We've been unable to identify the creator(s) of this photograph.

Publisher

  • Naschke
    Place of Publication: Galveston, Texas

Rights Holders

For guidance see Citations, Rights, Re-Use.

  • Unknown

Audiences

Check out our Resources for Educators Site! We've identified this photograph as a primary source within our collections. Researchers, educators, and students may find this photograph useful in their work.

Provided By

Moore Memorial Public Library

The Moore Memorial Public Library documents the local history of Texas City and surrounding areas. Because of their work in preserving historical materials, they received the Rescuing Texas History grant.

Contact Us

What

Descriptive information to help identify this photograph. Follow the links below to find similar items on the Portal.

Description

A view of one of the slips at the Texas City port. To the left a large cargo ship is anchored, with another ship directly behind it. On the right of the photograph, in the lower right corner, is the tugboat named J. W. Terry of Galveston. Behind it can be seen a dock and dock warehouse, with several dock workers visible. Behind it, at the end of the dock is a barge and another ship. In the lower right hand corner, embossed lettering reads "Naschke Galveston." Underneath the photograph, written in longhand, is "Texas City - Aug 19th 1915 - Two days after the storm".

Physical Description

1 photograph : b&w ; 7 x 9.5 in.

Language

Item Type

Identifier

Unique identifying numbers for this photograph in the Portal or other systems.

Collections

This photograph is part of the following collection of related materials.

Rescuing Texas History, 2006

Rescuing Texas History is a project that aims to digitize at-risk photographs, maps, artwork, and more. Funding was provided by the Summerlee Foundation of Dallas.

What responsibilities do I have when using this photograph?

When

Dates and time periods associated with this photograph.

Creation Date

  • August 19, 1915

Added to The Portal to Texas History

  • July 20, 2006, 8:53 a.m.

Description Last Updated

  • May 2, 2007, 1:53 p.m.

Usage Statistics

When was this photograph last used?

Yesterday: 0
Past 30 days: 2
Total Uses: 86

Where

Geographical information about where this photograph originated or about its content.

Publication Place

Map Information

  • map marker Automatically generated Place Name coordinates.
  • map marker Automatically generated Publication Place coordinates.
  • Repositioning map may be required for optimal printing.

Mapped Locations

Interact With This Photograph

Here are some suggestions for what to do next.

Enlarge

Citations, Rights, Re-Use

[At the port in Texas City on August 19, 1915], photograph, August 19, 1915; Galveston, Texas. (texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth15259/: accessed March 26, 2017), University of North Texas Libraries, The Portal to Texas History, texashistory.unt.edu; crediting Moore Memorial Public Library.