The War of the Rebellion: A Compilation of the Official Records of the Union And Confederate Armies. Series 1, Volume 30, In Four Parts. Part 1, Reports. Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title The War of the Rebellion: A Compilation of the Official Records of the Union And Confederate Armies. Series 1, Volume 30, In Four Parts. Part 1, Reports.
- Serial Title The War of the Rebellion: Army Records
Author: United States. War Department.Creator Type: Organization
Compiler: Scott, Robert N. (Robert Nicholson), 1838-1887Creator Type: PersonalCreator Info: "Prepared by The late Lieut. Col. Robert N. Scott, Third U. S. Artillery."
Other: Proctor, Redfield, 1831-1908Contributor Type: PersonalContributor Info: "Published under the direction of The Hon. Redfield Proctor, Secretary of War"
Other: Davis, George B. (George Breckenridge), 1847-1914Contributor Type: PersonalContributor Info: Maj. George B. Davis, U. S. A., Board of Publication
Other: Perry, Leslie J.Contributor Type: PersonalContributor Info: Mr. Leslie J. Perry, Board of Publication
Other: Kirkley, Joseph W. (Joseph William), 1841-1912Contributor Type: PersonalContributor Info: Mr. Joseph W. Kirkley, Board of Publication
Name: United States. Government Printing Office.Place of Publication: Washington D.C.
- Creation: 1890
- Content Description: Records of the War of the Rebellion include copies of army correspondence (reports, letters, telegrams, and general orders) from both the Union and Confederate Armies discussing their operations. The first series contains formal reports which, according to the preface in Volume 1, will be arranged "according to the campaigns and several theaters of operations (in the chronological order of the events), and the Union reports of any event will, as a rule, be immediately followed by the Confederate accounts" (p. iii). Index starts on page 1081.
- Physical Description: x, 1166 p. ; 23 cm.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Sources.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Confederate States of America -- History -- Sources.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Confederate States of America. Army -- Sources.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: United States -- History, Military.
- Keyword: War of the Rebellion papers
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Military and War - Wars - Civil War
- Keyword: Union Army
- Keyword: Confederate Army
- Keyword: reports
- Keyword: armies
- Keyword: correspondence
- Keyword: letters
- Keyword: officers
- Item is a Primary Source
- Place Name: United States
- Start Date: 1863-08
- End Date: 1863-10
- Time Period: civ-war
- Is Referenced By: The War of the Rebellion: A Compilation of the Official Records of the Union And Confederate Armies. Additions and Corrections to Series 1, Volume 30., ark:/67531/metapth308992
Name: War of the RebellionCode: WARR
Name: UNT Libraries Government Documents DepartmentCode: UNTGD
- Call Number: W 45.5
- OCLC: 12241509
- ISBN: 0918678072
- ISBN: 9780918678072
- Library of Congress Control Number: 72-176712
- Display Note: "Series I--Volume XXX--In Four Parts. Part I--Reports."
- Digital Preservation: creationAppName: Adobe Photoshop creationAppVersion: CS creationHardware: Fujitsu Image Scanner fi 4340C