Oral History Interview with Ornell H. Balzer, September 4, 2003 Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Oral History Interview with Ornell H. Balzer, September 4, 2003
- Series Title Making Cancer History Voices Oral History Collection
Interviewee: Balzer, Ornell H.Creator Type: Personal
Interviewer: Brunet, Lesley WilliamsCreator Type: Personal
- Creation: 2003-09-04
- Content Description: Interview with Ornell Balzer, beginning with the evolution of her career at M.D. Anderson. She recounts how she moved to Houston after graduating from nursing school and her return to M.D. Anderson. Ms. Balzer then details her memories of time spent working at Baker Estate and her interactions with colleagues and patients.
- Physical Description: 1 sound recording (60 min.) : digital
- Named Person: Balzer, Ornell H.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Fletcher, Gilbert H. (Gilbert Hungerford), 1911-
- Named Person: Yoder, Paul
- Named Person: Barkley, Howard T.
- Named Person: Fletcher, Mary Walker
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Shullenberger, C. C., 1914-
- Named Person: Howe, Clifton
- Named Person: White, Edgar
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: University of Texas M.D. Anderson Cancer Center -- History.
- Other: Hospital Departments
- Medical Subject Headings: Hospitals, Special
- Medical Subject Headings: Neoplasms -- radiotherapy -- history
- Medical Subject Headings: Nursing
- Medical Subject Headings: Nursing Staff, Hospital -- organization and administration
- Medical Subject Headings: Radiology Department, Hospital
- Medical Subject Headings: Radiotherapy -- history
- Medical Subject Headings: X-Ray Therapy
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Houston (Tex.)
- Keyword: oral histories
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Physicians -- Texas -- Interviews.
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: People - Individuals
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Education - Colleges and Universities
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Business, Economics and Finance - Medicine
- Item is a Primary Source
- Place Name: United States - Texas - Harris County - Houston
- Preferred Citation: Ornell H. Balzer Oral History Interview 1, September 4, 2003, Research Medical Library, The University of Texas M. D. Anderson Cancer Center.
Name: Texas History CollectionCode: THC
Name: Texas Oral History CollectionCode: TOHC
Name: University of Texas MD Anderson CenterCode: UTMDAC
- Accession or Local Control No: Balzer_Ornell_20030904
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metapth159739