Ornell H. Balzer Oral History Interview 1, September 4, 2003 Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Ornell H. Balzer Oral History Interview 1, September 4, 2003
Interviewee: Balzer, Ornell H.Creator Type: Personal
Interviewer: Brunet, Lesley WilliamsCreator Type: Personal
- Creation: 2003-09-04
- Content Description: This interview with Ornell Balzer begins with the evolution of her career at M.D. Anderson. She recounts how she moved to Houston after graduating from nursing school and her return to M.D. Anderson. Ms. Balzer then details her memories of time spent working at Baker Estate and her interactions with colleagues and patients.
- Physical Description: 1 sound recording (60 min.) : digital
- Other: Balzer, Ornell H.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Fletcher, Gilbert H. (Gilbert Hungerford), 1911-
- Other: Yoder, Paul.
- Other: Barkley, Howard T.
- Other: Fletcher, Mary Walker
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Shullenberger, C. C., 1914-
- Other: Howe, Clifton
- Other: White, Edgar
- Other: University of Texas M.D. Anderson Cancer Center -- history
- Other: Hospital Departments
- Other: Hospitals, Special
- Other: Neoplasms -- radiotherapy -- history
- Other: Nursing
- Other: Nursing Staff, Hospital -- organization and administration
- Other: Radiology Department, Hospital
- Other: Radiotherapy -- history
- Named Person: X-Ray Therapy
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Houston (TX)
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Oral History.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Interviews.
- Item is a Primary Source
- Preferred Citation: Ornell H. Balzer Oral History Interview 1, September 4, 2003, Research Medical Library, The University of Texas M. D. Anderson Cancer Center.
- Making Cancer History Voices Oral History Collection
Name: Texas History CollectionCode: THC
Name: Texas Oral History CollectionCode: TOHC
Name: University of Texas MD Anderson CenterCode: UTMDAC
- Accession or Local Control No: Balzer_Ornell_20030904