John F. Worley Directory Co. Abilene City Directory, 1921 Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title John F. Worley Directory Co. Abilene City Directory, 1921
- Added Title Abilene City Directory, 1921
Compiler: John F. Worley Directory Co.Creator Type: Organization
Name: John F. Worley Directory CompanyPlace of Publication: Dallas, Texas
- Creation: 1921
- Content Description: Directory for Abilene, Texas includes address listings for businesses and individuals as well as advertisements from local businesses. According to the title page, the directory contains "a miscellaneous directory of state, county and city governments, educational institutions, churches, secret and benevolent societies, etc., a street guide and householders' directory, an alphabetically arranged list of business houses and private citizens, giving full names, occupation or pursuit, and address, also a complete classified business directory, 'The Buyer's Guide.'" The index to advertisers begins on page 9.
- Physical Description: 326 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Abilene (Tex.) -- Directories.
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Business, Economics and Finance - Communications
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: People - Individuals
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Government and Law
- Keyword: educational institutions
- Keyword: government institutions
- Keyword: advertisements
- Keyword: phone books
- Keyword: phone numbers
- Keyword: addresses
- Keyword: businesses
- Place Name: United States - Texas - Taylor County - Abilene
- Time Period: new-sou
- Coverage Date: 1921
Name: City DirectoriesCode: CIT
Name: Abilene Library ConsortiumCode: ABCM
Name: Abilene Christian University LibraryCode: ACUL
- Call Number: 976.4 A148 1921
- Display Note: "Copyright 1921, by John F. Worley Directory Co. (Inc.)"