Worley's Abilene (Taylor County, Texas) City Directory, 1948 Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Worley's Abilene (Taylor County, Texas) City Directory, 1948
Compiler: John F. Worley Directory Co.Creator Type: Organization
Name: John F. Worley Directory Co.Place of Publication: Dallas, Texas
- Creation: 1948
- Content Description: Directory for Abilene, Texas includes address listings for businesses and individuals, as well as advertisements from local businesses. According to the title page, the directory contains "an alphabetical directory of business concerns and private citizens, a directory of householders, occupants of office buildings and other business places, including a complete street and avenue guide and much information of a miscellaneous character; also a buyers' guide and a complete classified business directory." The general index begins on page 7 and the index to advertisers begins on page 8.
- Physical Description: 652 p. : ill., ports. ; 24 cm.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Abilene (Tex.) -- Directories.
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Business, Economics and Finance - Communications
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: People - Individuals
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Government and Law
- Keyword: educational institutions
- Keyword: government institutions
- Keyword: advertisements
- Keyword: phone books
- Keyword: phone numbers
- Keyword: addresses
- Keyword: businesses
- Place Name: United States - Texas - Taylor County - Abilene
- Time Period: mod-tim
- Coverage Date: 1948
Name: City DirectoriesCode: CIT
Name: Abilene Library ConsortiumCode: ABCM
Name: Abilene Christian University LibraryCode: ACUL
- Call Number: 976.4 A148 1948
- Display Note: "Copyright, 1948, by John F. Worley Directory Co." "Member Association of North American Directory Publishers."