[Letter from Maud C. Fentress to David Fentress, February 2, 1865] Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title [Letter from Maud C. Fentress to David Fentress, February 2, 1865]
- Series Title The David W. Fentress Family Letters, 1856-1969
Author: Fentress, Maud C.Creator Type: Personal
Donor: Webb, DavidContributor Type: PersonalContributor Info: Collection donated in 1976
- Creation: 1865-02-02
- Content Description: Letter from Maud C. Fentress to her son, David Fentress encouraging him to write her. She claims that she has not heard from him in two years, and tells him news of friends, family and the wars' impact on the local community.
- Physical Description: p.; 24 x 39 cm.
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Social Life and Customs - Correspondence
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Military and War - Wars - Civil War
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Agriculture - Domestic Animals - Swine
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Agriculture - Farming - Cotton
- Named Person: Hawood, Captain
- Named Person: Fentress, Mary Tate
- Named Person: Wood, Mary
- Named Person: Neely, Jack
- Named Person: Wood, Robert
- Named Person: Polk, Eva
- Named Person: Peters. Clara
- Named Person: Wendell, Dr.
- Named Person: Bills, Major
- Named Person: Hill, D.
- Named Person: Neely, Rufus
- Named Person: Allison, Major
- Named Person: McNeal, Albert
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Religion
- Keyword: dropsy
- Keyword: rheumatism
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Fentress Family -- Archives.
- Item is a Primary Source
- Time Period: civ-war
- Coverage Date: 1865-02-02
- Place Name: United States - Texas - Caldwell County - Prairie Lea
- Has Transcription: [Transcript of Letter from Maud C. Fentress to David Fentress - February 2, 1865], ark:/67531/metapth182722
Name: The Civil War and its Aftermath: Diverse PerspectivesCode: CWADP
Name: UNT Libraries Special CollectionsCode: UNTA
- Call Number: HM.4
- OCLC: 29439240
- UNT Catalog No.: b1043784
- Accession or Local Control No: DWF_oversized_94-030
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metapth160319
- Digital Preservation: creationAppName: Adobe Photoshop creationAppVersion: CS creationHardware: Epson Expression 10000XL