[An Old Map of Mineral Wells]

Description

An early cadastral map of Mineral Wells with the original street names, it also shows the unusual topography of the surrounding mountains. The streets were paved in 1914, and the street names were changed January 1,1920.

Creation Information

Creator: Unknown. Creation Date: Unknown.

Context

This map is part of the collection entitled: A. F. Weaver Collection and was provided by Boyce Ditto Public Library to The Portal to Texas History, a digital repository hosted by the UNT Libraries. It has been viewed 1074 times, with 8 in the last month. More information about this map can be viewed below.

Who

People and organizations associated with either the creation of this map or its content.

Creator

  • We've been unable to identify the creator(s) of this map.

Audiences

Check out our Resources for Educators Site! We've identified this map as a primary source within our collections. Researchers, educators, and students may find this map useful in their work.

Provided By

Boyce Ditto Public Library

Located in Mineral Wells, the Library holds over 50,000 materials and is dedicated to providing free access and services for the community in a friendly and professional manner. Because of the work of the Boyce Ditto Public Library, residents of Palo Pinto County have access to books, online resources, events, and much more.

Contact Us

What

Descriptive information to help identify this map. Follow the links below to find similar items on the Portal.

Description

An early cadastral map of Mineral Wells with the original street names, it also shows the unusual topography of the surrounding mountains. The streets were paved in 1914, and the street names were changed January 1,1920.

Subjects

Keywords

University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure

Language

Item Type

Identifier

Unique identifying numbers for this map in the Portal or other systems.

Collections

This map is part of the following collection of related materials.

A. F. Weaver Collection

This colorful panorama covers Mineral Wells' founding and its mercurial growth as a resort center and army town to the present. Photos are from local historian and photographer A.F. Weaver, local families and research sources.

What responsibilities do I have when using this map?

When

Dates and time periods associated with this map.

Creation Date

  • Unknown

Covered Time Period

Added to The The Portal to Texas History

  • Aug. 9, 2006, 5:12 a.m.

Description Last Updated

  • Jan. 13, 2014, 9:30 a.m.

Usage Statistics

When was this map last used?

Yesterday: 0
Past 30 days: 8
Total Uses: 1,074

Where

Geographical information about where this map originated or about its content.

Map Information

  • map marker Automatically generated Place Name coordinates.
  • Repositioning map may be required for optimal printing.

Help Map this Map

Tell us if you know the precise location of this item. In the lower-left corner of map below, select either the pin () or the box (). Use the cross-hair to drop a pin or drag to create a new rectangle. You can zoom in, expand to full screen, change the terrain type, or in some cases switch to street-view so that it's easy for you to determine the coordinates.

Mapped Locations

Interact With This Map

Here are some suggestions for what to do next.

Enlarge

International Image Interoperability Framework

IIF Logo

We support the IIIF Presentation API

[An Old Map of Mineral Wells], map, Date Unknown; (https://texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth16135/: accessed October 23, 2019), University of North Texas Libraries, The Portal to Texas History, https://texashistory.unt.edu; crediting Boyce Ditto Public Library.