[A View from East Mountain about 1901-1912]

Description

A view from East Mountain, looking southwest with West Mountain at right, taken in the interval about 1901-1912, is shown here. In the left foreground is the Thompson house on NE 2nd Avenue. This house was built in 1896 as a wedding present for [Mrs.]Thompson. To the right of this house is the Mineral Wells Sanatorium. The Baker Hotel and the Crazy Water Hotel were not yet built. In the far right of the photograph is First Baptist Church, on the block between 4th and 5th Avenues and Hubbard and West 1st Streets. The first Catholic church is shown at ... continued below

Physical Description

1 photograph : b&w

Creation Information

Creator: Unknown. Creation Date: Unknown.

Context

This photograph is part of the collection entitled: A. F. Weaver Collection and was provided by Boyce Ditto Public Library to The Portal to Texas History, a digital repository hosted by the UNT Libraries. It has been viewed 109 times . More information about this photograph can be viewed below.

Who

People and organizations associated with either the creation of this photograph or its content.

Creator

  • We've been unable to identify the creator(s) of this photograph.

Audiences

Check out our Resources for Educators Site! We've identified this photograph as a primary source within our collections. Researchers, educators, and students may find this photograph useful in their work.

Provided By

Boyce Ditto Public Library

Located in Mineral Wells, the Library holds over 50,000 materials and is dedicated to providing free access and services for the community in a friendly and professional manner. Because of the work of the Boyce Ditto Public Library, residents of Palo Pinto County have access to books, online resources, events, and much more.

Contact Us

What

Descriptive information to help identify this photograph. Follow the links below to find similar items on the Portal.

Description

A view from East Mountain, looking southwest with West Mountain at right, taken in the interval about 1901-1912, is shown here.
In the left foreground is the Thompson house on NE 2nd Avenue. This house was built in 1896 as a wedding present for [Mrs.]Thompson.
To the right of this house is the Mineral Wells Sanatorium.
The Baker Hotel and the Crazy Water Hotel were not yet built.
In the far right of the photograph is First Baptist Church, on the block between 4th and 5th Avenues and Hubbard and West 1st Streets.
The first Catholic church is shown at the top right, near the base of West Mountain.
The Yeager Block (Drug Store)is the large white sandstone building in the left-middle of the picture.

Physical Description

1 photograph : b&w

Subjects

Item Type

Identifier

Unique identifying numbers for this photograph in the Portal or other systems.

Collections

This photograph is part of the following collection of related materials.

A. F. Weaver Collection

This colorful panorama covers Mineral Wells' founding and its mercurial growth as a resort center and army town to the present. Photos are from local historian and photographer A.F. Weaver, local families and research sources.

What responsibilities do I have when using this photograph?

When

Dates and time periods associated with this photograph.

Creation Date

  • Unknown

Added to The The Portal to Texas History

  • Aug. 8, 2006, 11:16 p.m.

Description Last Updated

  • Feb. 17, 2014, 10:15 a.m.

Usage Statistics

When was this photograph last used?

Yesterday: 0
Past 30 days: 2
Total Uses: 109

Where

Geographical information about where this photograph originated or about its content.

Map Information

  • map marker Automatically generated Place Name coordinates.
  • Repositioning map may be required for optimal printing.

Mapped Locations

Interact With This Photograph

Here are some suggestions for what to do next.

Enlarge

Citations, Rights, Re-Use

[A View from East Mountain about 1901-1912], photograph, Date Unknown; (texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth16231/: accessed September 22, 2017), University of North Texas Libraries, The Portal to Texas History, texashistory.unt.edu; crediting Boyce Ditto Public Library.