[The St. Nicholas Hotel] Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title [The St. Nicholas Hotel]
Photographer: Dan W. EvansCreator Type: Personal
Boyce Ditto Public LibraryContributor Type: Organization
- Creation: 1907?
- Digitized: 2006-06
- Content Description: A group of men stand in front of the St. Nicholas Hotel. A colophon at the lower right designates this picture as a photographic souvenir from Minerals Wells, taken by Dan W. Evans. The building had a varied history. It was first (in 1904) an unnamed two-and-one-half-story sanitarium, then re-named the St. Nicholas Hotel, and then later it became the Delaware Hotel. It was located at N. Oak and NE 3rd Street. The building was eventually consumed by fire on October of 1907. The back of photograph has a T and P Railway logotype and this information about the Jericho Fine Photo Company: "Mountain and Donkey Groups, View Souvenirs and Scenery of Min-Wells, Kodak Supplies and Finishing, Button and Stamp Photos a Specialty. Dan W. Evans Prop. Min Wells, Tex."
- Physical Description: 1 mounted photo : b&w ; 9 x 12 in.
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Business, Economics and Finance - Hotels
- Keyword: men
- Keyword: construction
- Keyword: columns
- Item is a Primary Source
- Place Name: United States - Texas - Palo Pinto County - Mineral Wells
- Time Period: new-sou
- Coverage Date: 1910?
Name: Palo Pinto County AlbumCode: PPCC
Name: Boyce Ditto Public LibraryCode: BDPL
- Rights Access: public
- Accession or Local Control No: PPCA_0228
- Display Note: Souvenir photo
- Digital Preservation: creationAppName: Adobe Photoshop creationAppVersion: 7 creationHardware: Epson Perfection 4990 Photo