Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Breakwater.
- Added Title Sea Wall.
Inventor: Armour, D. HillenCreator Type: Personal
Witness: Hanson, H. F.Contributor Type: Personal
Witness: Caldwell, E. B.Contributor Type: Personal
Name: United States. Patent Office.Place of Publication: [Washington D.C.]
- Creation: 1859-06-07
- Acceptance Date: 1859-06-07
- Content Description: Patent for improving seawalls to "preserve channels across the bars at the mouths of rivers, creeks, or canals and between bays and gulfs" (lines 6-8), including illustration.
- Physical Description: , 1 p. : ill. ; 23 cm.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Patents -- Texas.
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Science and Technology
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Architecture - Civil Works - Locks and Dams
- Keyword: breakwaters
- Keyword: walls
- Keyword: sea-walls
- Item is a Primary Source
- Place Name: United States - Texas - Brazoria County - Columbia
Name: Texas PatentsCode: TXPT
Name: UNT Libraries Government Documents DepartmentCode: UNTGD
- Accession or Local Control No: 24271
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metapth165075