[Large Group of Men Walking Toward Church]

Description

Photograph of a large group of men walking toward a wood-slatted church building. The men are walking toward the background of the image. They are all wearing white collared shirts and trousers. The church, which is facing the left side of the image, has five equally spaced windows on the side and three in the front. Trees surround the building. There are two cars parked along the side of the church, and part of another one is visible in the foreground. Handwriting on the back of the photograph reads, "Town and Country Institute Livingston, Tex 1953. Visit to Indian Village ... continued below

Physical Description

1 photograph : b&w ; 8 x 11 cm.

Creation Information

Creator: Unknown. Creation Date: Unknown.

Context

This photograph is part of the collection entitled: Texas Cultures Online and was provided by Austin Presbyterian Theological Seminary to The Portal to Texas History, a digital repository hosted by the UNT Libraries. It has been viewed 42 times . More information about this photograph can be viewed below.

Who

People and organizations associated with either the creation of this photograph or its content.

Creator

  • We've been unable to identify the creator(s) of this photograph.

Audiences

Check out our Resources for Educators Site! We've identified this photograph as a primary source within our collections. Researchers, educators, and students may find this photograph useful in their work.

Provided By

Austin Presbyterian Theological Seminary

The archives contained within the Austin Presbyterian Theological Seminary collect materials that document Presbyterianism in the Southwest. They specifically house items such as pastoral records, congregational histories and organizational records.

Contact Us

What

Descriptive information to help identify this photograph. Follow the links below to find similar items on the Portal.

Description

Photograph of a large group of men walking toward a wood-slatted church building. The men are walking toward the background of the image. They are all wearing white collared shirts and trousers. The church, which is facing the left side of the image, has five equally spaced windows on the side and three in the front. Trees surround the building. There are two cars parked along the side of the church, and part of another one is visible in the foreground. Handwriting on the back of the photograph reads, "Town and Country Institute Livingston, Tex 1953. Visit to Indian Village Presby, Church".

Physical Description

1 photograph : b&w ; 8 x 11 cm.

Subjects

Keywords

University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure

Language

Item Type

Identifier

Unique identifying numbers for this photograph in the Portal or other systems.

Collections

This photograph is part of the following collection of related materials.

Texas Cultures Online

Texas Cultures Online features local history materials from eighteen institutions depicting the diverse cultures of Texas during the 19th and 20th centuries. Funding provided by the Amon Carter Foundation.

What responsibilities do I have when using this photograph?

When

Dates and time periods associated with this photograph.

Dates

  • This photograph's creation, acceptance, or submission date is unknown.

Covered Time Period

Coverage Date

Added to The The Portal to Texas History

  • July 20, 2011, 3:27 p.m.

Description Last Updated

  • Sept. 6, 2011, 2:25 p.m.

Usage Statistics

When was this photograph last used?

Yesterday: 0
Past 30 days: 0
Total Uses: 42

Where

Geographical information about where this photograph originated or about its content.

Map Information

  • map marker Automatically generated Place Name coordinates.
  • Repositioning map may be required for optimal printing.

Mapped Locations

Interact With This Photograph

Here are some suggestions for what to do next.

Start Viewing

Citations, Rights, Re-Use

[Large Group of Men Walking Toward Church], photograph, Date Unknown; (texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth165974/: accessed July 21, 2017), University of North Texas Libraries, The Portal to Texas History, texashistory.unt.edu; crediting Austin Presbyterian Theological Seminary.