[Street View of a Presbyterian Church]

Description

Photograph of the side of a series of light-colored, wood-slatted buildings that make up a church. The photograph has been taken from the street, which is in the foreground. The main building, which is also the largest and closest to the foreground, has four windows on the side and two in the front next to the main double-door entrance. There is another building behind the main building on the right-hand side of the image, and also one next to it in the background. There are children playing in the courtyard between these two buildings. A power line stretches across the ...

Physical Description

1 photograph : b&w ; 9 x 12 cm.

Creation Information

Creator: Unknown. October 1951.

Context

This photograph is part of the collection entitled: Texas Cultures Online and one other and was provided by Austin Presbyterian Theological Seminary to The Portal to Texas History, a digital repository hosted by the UNT Libraries. It has been viewed 11 times . More information about this photograph can be viewed below.

Who

People and organizations associated with either the creation of this photograph or its content.

Creator

  • We've been unable to identify the creator(s) of this photograph.

Publisher

  • Studer
    Place of Publication: San Antonio, Texas

Rights Holder

For guidance see Citations, Rights, Re-Use.

  • Unknown

Audiences

Check out our Resources for Educators Site! We've identified this photograph as a primary source within our collections. Researchers, educators, and students may find this photograph useful in their work.

Provided By

Austin Presbyterian Theological Seminary

The Austin Seminary Archives is the institutional repository for the Austin Presbyterian Theological Seminary in Austin, Texas. The archives also collect materials that document Presbyterianism in the Southwest including pastoral records, congregational histories, and organizational records. The archives was established in the early 1990s and contains over 140 processed collections measuring more than 300 linear feet.

Contact Us

What

Descriptive information to help identify this photograph. Follow the links below to find similar items on the Portal.

Description

Photograph of the side of a series of light-colored, wood-slatted buildings that make up a church. The photograph has been taken from the street, which is in the foreground. The main building, which is also the largest and closest to the foreground, has four windows on the side and two in the front next to the main double-door entrance. There is another building behind the main building on the right-hand side of the image, and also one next to it in the background. There are children playing in the courtyard between these two buildings. A power line stretches across the image directly above the complex. There is a handwritten note on the back of the photograph.

Physical Description

1 photograph : b&w ; 9 x 12 cm.

Language

Item Type

Identifier

Unique identifying numbers for this photograph in the Portal or other systems.

Collections

This photograph is part of the following collections of related materials.

Texas Cultures Online

Texas Cultures Online features local history materials from eighteen institutions depicting the diverse cultures of Texas during the nineteenth and twentieth centuries: Austin Presbyterian Theological Seminary, Burnet County Historical Commission, Anne & Mike Stewart Collection, Danish Heritage Preservation Society, Gillespie County Historical Society, Houston Metropolitan Research Center at Houston Public Library, Institute of Texan Cultures, Mexic-Arte Museum, Museum of the Big Bend, Museum of the Gulf Coast, Nesbitt Memorial Library, Panola College, Price Johnson Family Collection, San Antonio Public Library, Tarleton State University, University of Texas at San Antonio, and the University of Texas Medical Branch at Galveston. Funding for this collection was provided by the Amon Carter Foundation.

Texas-Mexican Presbytery Records

The Texas-Mexican Presbytery Records collection is presented by the Austin Presbyterian Theological Seminary and includes a large range of photographs depicting church buildings, groups, and portraits. The Texas-Mexican Presbytery was established by the Synod of Texas of the Presbyterian Church, U.S. in 1908, based on the missionary work of Walter S. Scott and Robert D. Campbell.

What responsibilities do I have when using this photograph?

When

Dates and time periods associated with this photograph.

Creation Date

  • October 1951

Covered Time Period

Coverage Date

Added to The Portal to Texas History

  • July 20, 2011, 3:27 p.m.

Description Last Updated

  • Nov. 3, 2011, 6:19 p.m.

Usage Statistics

When was this photograph last used?

Yesterday: 0
Past 30 days: 0
Total Uses: 11

Where

Geographical information about where this photograph originated or about its content.

Publication Place

Map Information

  • map marker Automatically generated Place Name coordinates.
  • map marker Automatically generated Publication Place coordinates.
  • Repositioning map may be required for optimal printing.

Mapped Locations

Interact With This Photograph

Here are some suggestions for what to do next.

Start Viewing

Citations, Rights, Re-Use

[Street View of a Presbyterian Church], photograph, October 1951; San Antonio, Texas. (texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth166021/: accessed July 30, 2016), University of North Texas Libraries, The Portal to Texas History, texashistory.unt.edu; crediting Austin Presbyterian Theological Seminary.