[Carved Stone Sign] Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title [Carved Stone Sign]
- Physical Description: 1 photograph : b&w ; 9 x 12 cm.
- Content Description: Photograph of a carved concrete slab inset in a brick structure. There is carved writing in Spanish that translates to read, "Presbyterian Church Organized - Oct. 19, 1911, Temple Built - 1952, J.G. Cavazos, Pastor". There is a handwritten note on the back of the photograph that reads, "San Benito Cornerstone of new church".
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Religion - Denominations - Presbyterian
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: People - Ethnic Groups - Hispanics
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Religion - Churches
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Architecture - Monuments
- Keyword: Texas-Mexican Presbytery
- Keyword: cornerstones
- Keyword: plaques
- Keyword: signs
- Named Person: Cavazos, J.G.
- Item is a Primary Source
- Start Date: 1911-10-19
- End Date: 1952
- Place Name: United States - Texas - Cameron County - San Benito
- Time Period: oil-gas
- Time Period: mod-tim
Name: Texas Cultures OnlineCode: TCO
Name: Texas-Mexican Presbytery RecordsCode: TEXMEX
Name: Austin Presbyterian Theological SeminaryCode: ATPS
- Accession or Local Control No: ATPS_1994_090_0747
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metapth166088