[Confirmation Class at Vereins Kirche]

Description

Portraits of the last class to be confirmed in the Vereins Kirche. The nineteen portraits are bust shots of the students and reverend, mounted on a single mat. The women are wearing white traditional confirmation dresses, and the men are wearing dark suits and ties. A list of the students' names are numbered on the back.

Physical Description

1 photograph : b&w ; 10 x 8 in.

Creation Information

Creator: Unknown. 1892.

Context

This photograph is part of the collection entitled: Texas Cultures Online and was provided by Gillespie County Historical Society to The Portal to Texas History, a digital repository hosted by the UNT Libraries. It has been viewed 84 times . More information about this photograph can be viewed below.

Who

People and organizations associated with either the creation of this photograph or its content.

Creator

  • We've been unable to identify the creator(s) of this photograph.

Rights Holder

For guidance see Citations, Rights, Re-Use.

  • Unknown

Audiences

Check out our Resources for Educators Site! We've identified this photograph as a primary source within our collections. Researchers, educators, and students may find this photograph useful in their work.

Provided By

Gillespie County Historical Society

The Gillespie County Historical Society presents its photograph collection of life in Fredericksburg and Gillespie County. The images depict the life of German Settlers who immigrated to the Texas Hill Country in the 1840's as well as their descendants.

Contact Us

What

Descriptive information to help identify this photograph. Follow the links below to find similar items on the Portal.

Description

Portraits of the last class to be confirmed in the Vereins Kirche. The nineteen portraits are bust shots of the students and reverend, mounted on a single mat. The women are wearing white traditional confirmation dresses, and the men are wearing dark suits and ties. A list of the students' names are numbered on the back.

Physical Description

1 photograph : b&w ; 10 x 8 in.

Subjects

Keywords

University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure

Language

Item Type

Identifier

Unique identifying numbers for this photograph in the Portal or other systems.

Collections

This photograph is part of the following collection of related materials.

Texas Cultures Online

Texas Cultures Online features local history materials from eighteen institutions depicting the diverse cultures of Texas during the nineteenth and twentieth centuries: Austin Presbyterian Theological Seminary, Burnet County Historical Commission, Anne & Mike Stewart Collection, Danish Heritage Preservation Society, Gillespie County Historical Society, Houston Metropolitan Research Center at Houston Public Library, Institute of Texan Cultures, Mexic-Arte Museum, Museum of the Big Bend, Museum of the Gulf Coast, Nesbitt Memorial Library, Panola College, Price Johnson Family Collection, San Antonio Public Library, Tarleton State University, University of Texas at San Antonio, and the University of Texas Medical Branch at Galveston. Funding for this collection was provided by the Amon Carter Foundation.

What responsibilities do I have when using this photograph?

When

Dates and time periods associated with this photograph.

Creation Date

  • 1892

Added to The Portal to Texas History

  • July 20, 2011, 3:27 p.m.

Usage Statistics

When was this photograph last used?

Yesterday: 0
Past 30 days: 0
Total Uses: 84

Where

Geographical information about where this photograph originated or about its content.

Map Information

  • map marker Automatically generated Place Name coordinates.
  • Repositioning map may be required for optimal printing.

Mapped Locations

Interact With This Photograph

Here are some suggestions for what to do next.

Start Viewing

Citations, Rights, Re-Use

[Confirmation Class at Vereins Kirche], photograph, 1892; (texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth166333/: accessed December 3, 2016), University of North Texas Libraries, The Portal to Texas History, texashistory.unt.edu; crediting Gillespie County Historical Society.