Straw Cutter. Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Straw Cutter.
Inventor: Cornish, John A.Creator Type: PersonalCreator Info: Cornish, J.A., of Paris, Texas.
Witness: Hamner, Will J.Contributor Type: Personal
Witness: Clark, F.J.Contributor Type: Personal
Printer: Norris Peters Co.Contributor Type: Organization
Name: United States. Patent Office.Place of Publication: [Washington D.C.]
- Creation: 1881-05-10
- Acceptance Date: 1881-05-10
- Submission Date: 1880-08-31
- Content Description: Patent for a new and improved straw cutter. This design "relates to certain improvements in straw-cutters; and it consists in the [novel] construction and arrangement of parts" (lines 13-15). The novel construction and arrangement of parts means that "[t]he machine is simple, durable, and inexpensive in construction, will not readily get out of repair, and will perform the necessary work in an efficient manner" (lines 1-4).
- Physical Description: 2 sheets, , 1 p. : ill. ; 23 cm.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Patents -- Texas.
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Science and Technology
- Keyword: straw cutters
- Item is a Primary Source
- Place Name: United States - Texas - Lamar County - Paris
Name: Texas PatentsCode: TXPT
Name: UNT Libraries Government Documents DepartmentCode: UNTGD
- Patent Number: 241306
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metapth170160
- Display Note: "SPECIFICATION forming part of Letters Patent No. 241,306, dated May 10, 1881. Application filed August 31, 1880. (No model.)"