Car Coupling. Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Car Coupling.
Inventor: Saxon, James W.Creator Type: PersonalCreator Info: Saxon, J.W., of Gainesville, Texas.
Witness: Sheehy, James J.Contributor Type: Personal
Witness: Mungen, TheodoreContributor Type: PersonalContributor Info: Mungen, Theo.
Printer: Norris Peters Co.Contributor Type: Organization
Name: United States. Patent Office.Place of Publication: [Washington D.C.]
- Creation: 1882-11-07
- Acceptance Date: 1882-11-07
- Submission Date: 1882-10-05
- Content Description: Patent for a new and improved coupling for railroad cars. This design consists in "having [a] bell-mouthed draw-head, pin, plane-faced link, spring, and slide, having transverse plane face laterally secured in the draw-head by means of side guide-plates, [and] inlet into rabbets" (lines 85-90).
- Physical Description: , : ill. ; 23 cm.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Patents -- Texas.
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Science and Technology
- Keyword: car-couplings
- Keyword: railroad cars
- Item is a Primary Source
- Place Name: United States - Texas - Cooke County - Gainesville
Name: Texas PatentsCode: TXPT
Name: UNT Libraries Government Documents DepartmentCode: UNTGD
- Patent Number: 267312
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metapth170438
- Display Note: "SPECIFICATION forming part of Letters Patent No. 267,312, dated November 7, 1882. Application filed October 5, 1882. (No model.)"