Kettle Attachment. Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Kettle Attachment.
Inventor: Lamme, William W.Creator Type: PersonalCreator Info: Lamme, W.W., of Austin, Texas.
Witness: Graham, A.H.Contributor Type: Personal
Witness: Jackson, A.M., Jr.Contributor Type: Personal
Printer: Norris Peters Co.Contributor Type: Organization
Name: United States. Patent Office.Place of Publication: [Washington D.C.]
- Creation: 1885-02-17
- Acceptance Date: 1885-02-17
- Submission Date: 1884-04-22
- Content Description: Patent for a new and improved kettle attachment. This design "provides an attachment to be used with the kettle, whereby the "boiling over" of the material and the consequent running of the same down the sides of the said kettle are prevented. The material that would ordinarily flow over the sides of the kettle and waste is by the use of [a] device . . . saved, and any and all danger of fire from the overflowing sugar in candy manufacture is prevented" (lines 11-20).
- Physical Description: , : ill. ; 23 cm.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Patents -- Texas.
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Science and Technology
- Keyword: kettles
- Keyword: kettle attachments
- Keyword: candy making
- Item is a Primary Source
- Place Name: United States - Texas - Travis County - Austin
Name: Texas PatentsCode: TXPT
Name: UNT Libraries Government Documents DepartmentCode: UNTGD
- Patent Number: 312478
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metapth170901
- Display Note: "SPECIFICATION forming part of Letters Patent No. 312,478, dated February 17, 1885. Application filed April 22, 1884. (No model.)"