Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Car-Coupling.
- Added Title Car Coupling.
Inventor: De May, Eugene A.Creator Type: PersonalCreator Info: Eugene A. De May, of Richmond, Texas.
Witness: Peareson, Syd F.Contributor Type: Personal
Witness: Cobbin, JohnContributor Type: Personal
Witness: Gardner, L. T.Contributor Type: PersonalContributor Info: Witness for illustration.
Witness: Ellis, Edmund P.Contributor Type: PersonalContributor Info: Edm. P. Ellis. Witness for illustration.
Printer: Norris Peters Co.Contributor Type: OrganizationContributor Info: N. Peters, Photo-Lithographer, Washington D.C.
Name: United States. Patent Office.Place of Publication: [Washington D.C.]
- Creation: 1887-12-20
- Acceptance Date: 1887-12-20
- Submission Date: 1887-10-11
- Content Description: Patent for a new automatic car coupling design for train cars, including illustrations.
- Physical Description: , 2 p. : ill. ; 23 cm.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Patents -- Texas.
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Science and Technology
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Business, Economics and Finance - Transportation - Railroads - Trains
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Couplers (Railroad cars) -- Patents.
- Keyword: trains
- Keyword: couplings
- Keyword: couplers
- Item is a Primary Source
- Place Name: United States - Texas - Fort Bend County - Richmond
Name: Texas PatentsCode: TXPT
Name: UNT Libraries Government Documents DepartmentCode: UNTGD
- Accession or Local Control No: 375272
- Government Documents No.: 02/252027
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metapth171685
- Display Note: "Application filed October 11, 1887. Serial No. 252,027. (No model.)"