Design for a Badge or Medal. Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Design for a Badge or Medal.
Inventor: Maxcy, John WhartonCreator Type: PersonalCreator Info: John Wharton Maxcy, of Austin, Texas; Jno. Wharton Maxcy
Witness: Randolph, B. W.Contributor Type: Personal
Witness: Bell, W. H.Contributor Type: Personal
Name: United States. Patent Office.Place of Publication: [Washington D.C.]
- Creation: 1887-12-06
- Acceptance Date: 1887-12-06
- Submission Date: 1887-11-04
- Content Description: Design patent for a round souvenir badge or medal that has an image of a star on the front with a portrait in the center, and rays emanating toward the outside edge used for text. The back of the medal has an image of the Texas state capitol and spaces for additional text. The design also includes a suspending-bar shaped as a bald eagle with spread wings, holding crossed rifles.
- Physical Description:  p. : ill. ; 23 cm.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Patents -- Texas.
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Science and Technology
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Social Life and Customs - Clothing - Accessories
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Social Life and Customs - Awards
- Keyword: souvenirs
- Keyword: medals
- Keyword: badges
- Item is a Primary Source
- Place Name: United States - Texas - Travis County - Austin
Name: Texas PatentsCode: TXPT
Name: UNT Libraries Government Documents DepartmentCode: UNTGD
- Patent Number: D17920
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metapth171871
- Display Note: "Specification forming part of Design No. 17,920, dated December 6, 1887. Application filed November 4, 1887. Serial No. 251,339. Term of patent 3 1/2 years."