Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Gate.
Inventor: Smith, William H.Creator Type: PersonalCreator Info: William H. Smith, of Port Lavaca, Texas.
Witness: Roedern, George O. V.Contributor Type: PersonalContributor Info: Geo. O.V. Roedern
Witness: Wassermann, George, Jr.Contributor Type: PersonalContributor Info: George Wassermann, Jr.
Printer: Norris Peters Co.Contributor Type: OrganizationContributor Info: The Norris Peters Co., Photo-Lithographer, Washington, D. C
Name: United States. Patent Office.Place of Publication: [Washington D.C.]
- Creation: 1891-03-03
- Acceptance Date: 1891-03-03
- Submission Date: 1890-06-09
- Content Description: Patent for a gate that is "a structure hanging and sliding by means of rollers on an inclined cross-bar, and so connected by ropes and pulleys to stationary posts that a person approaching it on horseback or in a vehicle may easily open the gate (without dismounting) by pulling the rope, and on releasing the rope the gate will close automatically" (lines 12-19), illustration is included.
- Physical Description: , 1 p. : ill. ; 23 cm.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Patents -- Texas.
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Science and Technology
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Gates.
- Keyword: gravitations
- Keyword: oblique movements
- Keyword: pendant closures
- Item is a Primary Source
- Place Name: United States - Texas - Calhoun County - Port Lavaca
Name: Texas PatentsCode: TXPT
Name: UNT Libraries Government Documents DepartmentCode: UNTGD
- Patent Number: 447374
- Government Documents No.: 02/354853
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metapth172622
- Display Note: "Application filed June 9, 1890. Serial No. 354,853. (No model.)"