Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Planter.
Inventor: Cayton, James CalvinCreator Type: PersonalCreator Info: James Calvin Cayton, of Thornton, Texas.
Witness: Brown, G. T.Contributor Type: Personal
Witness: Fuller, J. W.Contributor Type: Personal
Printer: Norris Peters Co.Contributor Type: OrganizationContributor Info: The Norris Peters Co., Photo-Lithographer, Washington, D. C.
Name: United States. Patent Office.Place of Publication: [Washington D.C.]
- Creation: 1891-03-10
- Acceptance Date: 1891-03-10
- Content Description: Patent for an improved planting machine by securing a seed-plate with a central longitudinal slot, in the bottom of the hopper, a circular seed disk is placed into the slot; two pairs of gage-plates arranged at the front and rear end of said slot. These gage-plates can be adjusted to regulate the quantity of seeds being discharged when planting cotton. When planting corn, the rear pair of gage-plates can be brought closely together to prevent the escape of seeds. Illustration is included.
- Physical Description: , 3 p. : ill. ; 23 cm.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Patents -- Texas.
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Science and Technology
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Agriculture - Farm Equipment
- Keyword: rotating dispensers
- Keyword: revolving axles
- Keyword: rigids
- Item is a Primary Source
- Place Name: United States - Texas - Concho County - Paint Rock
Name: Texas PatentsCode: TXPT
Name: UNT Libraries Government Documents DepartmentCode: UNTGD
- Patent Number: 447759
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metapth172627