Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Provision-Safe.
- Added Title Provision Safe.
Inventor: Stephens, James HowellCreator Type: PersonalCreator Info: James Howell Stephens, of Mexia, Texas.
Witness: Vickers, J. H.Contributor Type: Personal
Witness: Philpott, H. O.Contributor Type: Personal
Witness: Hutchinson, James E.Contributor Type: PersonalContributor Info: Jas. E. Hutchinson; Witness for Illustration.
Witness: Grant, Charles W.Contributor Type: PersonalContributor Info: Witness for Illustration.
Other: Fowler, Charles H.Contributor Type: PersonalContributor Info: Chas. H. Fowler; Attorney.
Printer: National Lithographing CompanyContributor Type: OrganizationContributor Info: The National Lithographing Company, Washington, D. C.
Name: United States. Patent Office.Place of Publication: [Washington D.C.]
- Creation: 1893-11-21
- Acceptance Date: 1893-11-21
- Submission Date: 1893-07-29
- Content Description: Patent for a provision safe that keeps food cool that uses "a jacket of absorbent material inclosing a suitable frame provided with shelves for supporting the articles of food, and a vat for containing water and supplying it to the jacket by capillary action whereby the temperature is reduced through the process of evaporation" (lines 15-21). This patent improves the design of provision safes.
- Physical Description: , 2 p. : ill. ; 23 cm.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Patents -- Texas.
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Science and Technology
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Social Life and Customs - Furnishings - Kitchenware
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Social Life and Customs - Food and Cooking
- Keyword: refrigerators
- Keyword: evaporating
- Item is a Primary Source
- Place Name: United States - Texas - Limestone County - Mexia
Name: Texas PatentsCode: TXPT
Name: UNT Libraries Government Documents DepartmentCode: UNTGD
- Accession or Local Control No: 509262
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metapth173566
- Display Note: Application filed July 29, 1893. Serial No. 481,821. (No model.)