Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Cotton-Chopper.
- Added Title Cotton Chopper.
Inventor: Newton, Nicholas H.Creator Type: PersonalCreator Info: Nicholas H. Newton, of Rusk, Texas.
Witness: Ricketts, TaylorContributor Type: Personal
Witness: Guinn, H. S.Contributor Type: Personal
Witness: Acker, J. FrederickContributor Type: PersonalContributor Info: J. Fred. Acker; Witness for Illustration.
Other: Munn & Co.Contributor Type: OrganizationContributor Info: Attorneys.
Printer: Norris Peters Co.Contributor Type: OrganizationContributor Info: The Norris Peters Co., Photo-Litho., Washington, D. C.
Name: United States. Patent Office.Place of Publication: [Washington D.C.]
- Creation: 1895-02-12
- Acceptance Date: 1895-02-12
- Submission Date: 1894-11-17
- Content Description: Patent for a cotton-chopper that cultivates "the rows of plants simultaneously with thinning them out; and a further object of the invention is to provide such a machine which will be durable and simple" (lines 11-14).
- Physical Description: , 2 p. : ill. ; 23 cm.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Patents -- Texas.
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Science and Technology
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Agriculture - Farming - Cotton
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Agriculture - Processing and Storage
- Keyword: choppers
- Keyword: rotating
- Item is a Primary Source
- Place Name: United States - Texas - Cherokee County - Rusk
Name: Texas PatentsCode: TXPT
Name: UNT Libraries Government Documents DepartmentCode: UNTGD
- Accession or Local Control No: 534123
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metapth173918
- Display Note: Application filed November 17, 1894. Serial No. 529,143. (No model.)