Dr. Herman A. Barnett Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Dr. Herman A. Barnett
- Digitized: 2006-08-23
- No Language
- Content Description: Photograph of Dr. Herman Barnett garbed for surgery and looking at some medical equipment while he holds a gas mask over a patient's face. Dr. Barnett was the first African American to be admitted to the University of Texas Medical school, graduated with honors in 1953. He is the first native Texas African American to graduate from a Texas medical school and be licensed to practice in Texas.
- Physical Description: 1 photograph : b&w ; 8 x 10 in.
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: People - Individuals
- Named Person: Barnett, Herman
- Keyword: University of Texas Medical School
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: People - Ethnic groups - African Americans
- Item is a Primary Source
- Place Name: United States - Texas
- Time Period: mod-tim
Name: Building the African-American CommunityCode: BAAC
Name: Jacob Fontaine Religious MuseumCode: JFRM
- Rights Access: public
- Accession or Local Control No: frm-0006
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metapth17413
- Digital Preservation: creationAppName: Adobe Photoshop creationAppVersion: 7 creationHardware: Epson Perfection 4990 Photo