[Dr. Herman A. Barnett Works on a Patient Before Surgery] Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title [Dr. Herman A. Barnett Works on a Patient Before Surgery]
- Digitized: 2006-08-23
- No Language
- Content Description: Photograph of Dr. Herman Barnett and looking at some medical equipment while he holds a gas mask over a patient's face. He is wearing a surgical gown, a head covering, and a mask.
- Physical Description: 1 photograph : b&w ; 8 x 10 in.
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Business, Economics and Finance - Medicine - Doctors
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: People - Individuals
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: People - Ethnic Groups - African Americans
- Keyword: University of Texas Medical School
- Named Person: Barnett, Herman
- Item is a Primary Source
- Place Name: United States - Texas
Name: Building the African-American CommunityCode: BAAC
Name: Jacob Fontaine Religious MuseumCode: JFRM
- Rights Access: public
- Accession or Local Control No: frm-0006
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metapth17413
- Display Note: Dr. Barnett was the first African American to be admitted to the University of Texas Medical school, graduated with honors in 1953. He is the first native Texas African American to graduate from a Texas medical school and be licensed to practice in Texas.
- Digital Preservation: creationAppName: Adobe Photoshop creationAppVersion: 7 creationHardware: Epson Perfection 4990 Photo