Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Trap.
Inventor: Williams, Lloyd FranklinCreator Type: PersonalCreator Info: Lloyd Franklin Williams, of Clarksville, Texas.
Witness: Banks, T. E.Contributor Type: Personal
Witness: Caton, W. R.Contributor Type: Personal
Printer: Norris Peters Co.Contributor Type: Organization
Name: United States. Patent Office.Place of Publication: [Washington D.C.]
- Creation: 1897-01-19
- Submission Date: 1897-01-19
- Submission Date: 1896-06-26
- Content Description: Patent for "a trap of the character mentioned simple and efficient means for closing the entrance thereof, whereby an animal or fowl passing therethrough shall be prevented returning, and thus be held in the trap, and, further, to so construct such means as to permit the door of the trap remaining in an open position except when the animal or fowl attempts to pass out through the same, thereby affording a free passage to the interior of the trap and presenting and inducement for other animals or fowls to enter." (Lines 13-24) Includes instructions and illustrations.
- Physical Description: , 3 p. : ill. ; 23 cm.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Patents -- Texas.
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Science and Technology
- Keyword: hunting
- Item is a Primary Source
- Place Name: United States - Texas - Red River County - Clarksville
Name: Texas PatentsCode: TXPT
Name: UNT Libraries Government Documents DepartmentCode: UNTGD
- Patent Number: 575450
- Government Documents No.: 02/597043
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metapth174499
- Display Note: Specification forming part of Letters Patent No. 575,450, dated January 19, 1897. Application filed June 26, 1896. Serial No. 597,043. (No model.)