[Image of the APD night watchman's clock] Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title [Image of the APD night watchman's clock]
Owner: Arlington (Tex.). Police Dept.Contributor Type: Organization
- Creation: 1930
- Content Description: Photograph of the Night Watchman's clock used by Chief Cribbs for the Arlington Police Department in the mid 1930s. It contained a roll of paper that recorded the time and location of the watchman when he inserted a special key from the location he was checking. A special key was housed at each location. It continued in use until the early 1950s at which time officers were required to hand check and note the locked doors to businesses.
- Physical Description: 1 photograph : col. ; 8 x 10 in.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Arlington (Tex.). Police Dept. -- History.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Police -- Texas -- Arlington -- History.
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Government and Law - Law Enforcement - Police
- Keyword: photographic prints
- Keyword: Arlington Police Department Museum
- Item is a Primary Source
- Place Name: United States - Texas - Tarrant County - Arlington
- Time Period: mod-tim
- Coverage Date: 1930-1960
Name: Arlington Police Department CollectionCode: APDC
Name: Arlington Public LibraryCode: ARPL
- Accession or Local Control No: Police Pictures 018
- Other: 652634
- Display Note: High resolution image available upon request from Arlington Public Library.