[Dr. James R. Sheppard, Marshall Physician] Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title [Dr. James R. Sheppard, Marshall Physician]
- Digitized: 2006-08-16
- Content Description: Dr. James R. Sheppard was an African-American physician who established a hospital in Marshall in 1925. It was located at 606 S. Carter St. in the historic New Town Neighborhood in the western part of the city. It was called the Sheppard Sanitarium on the Sanborn Maps. Later the hospital was purchased by Dr. Williams Watts and renamed the Sheppard-Watts Hospital. Nothing more is known about Dr. Sheppard.
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: People - Individuals
- Item is a Primary Source
- Place Name: United States - Texas - Harrison County - Marshall
- Time Period: new-sou
Name: Texas History CollectionCode: THC
Name: Marshall Public LibraryCode: MPLI
- Rights Access: public
- Accession or Local Control No: mpl-slides-0165
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metapth18015
- Digital Preservation: creationAppName: Adobe Photoshop creationAppVersion: 7 creationHardware: Epson Perfection 4990 Photo