History of Armstrong County, Volume 1 Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title History of Armstrong County, Volume 1
Compiler: The Woman's Development ClubCreator Type: Organization
Author of introduction, etc.: Hamner, Laura V.Contributor Type: PersonalContributor Info: Author of the Foreward
- Creation: 1939
- Content Description: The Armstrong County Histories are a compilation of biographical stories about the Armstrong County pioneers prior to 1900. According to the foreward: "Information supplied by members of these families make stories rich in romance, tragedy and humor, revealing the sturdy character of those who built our county. The book is made up of these family histories supplemented by ranch and community histories, articles of civic interest, church and cemetery stories, 'tall tales' by old timers."
- Physical Description:  p. ; 29 cm.
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Places - United States - Texas - Armstrong County
- Keyword: People - Individuals
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Social Life and Customs
- Keyword: histories
- Keyword: biographies
- Keyword: pioneers
- Keyword: family stories
- Place Name: United States - Texas - Armstrong County
- Time Period: eur-tex
- Time Period: span-tex
- Time Period: mex-tex
- Time Period: rep-tex
- Time Period: tex-fron
- Time Period: civ-war
- Time Period: new-sou
- Start Date: 1541~
- End Date: 1939
Name: Texas History CollectionCode: THC
Name: Armstrong County MuseumCode: ARMCM
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metapth182365
- Display Note: "Volume I." "Bound for the Warner Memorial Through the Courtesy Amarillo Times." This volume includes pages for the history of the Gorin Community which are listed on the table of contents, but which were bound into the third volume. Photocopies of those pages were scanned to supplement the information in this volume.
- Digital Preservation: creationHardware: Plustek Opticbook 3600