Miss Lillie's Guest Book

Description

Guest book from the French Legation Museum (formerly the Republic of Texas French Embassy) containing the signatures of visitors as well as their towns of origin and dates that they visited the museum. There is a photograph of the museum on the front with a caption explaining its origins. Additionally, there is a newspaper clipping pasted into the book before the start of the register from 1924 entitled "The Register At The French Embassy" describing the history of the guest book.

Physical Description

152 p. ; 36 cm.

Creation Information

Creator: Unknown. Creation Date: Unknown.

Context

This book is part of the collection entitled: Texas History Collection and was provided by French Legation Museum to The Portal to Texas History, a digital repository hosted by the UNT Libraries. It has been viewed 201 times . More information about this book can be viewed below.

Who

People and organizations associated with either the creation of this book or its content.

Creator

  • We've been unable to identify the creator(s) of this book.

Contributing Author

Donor

Rights Holder

For guidance see Citations, Rights, Re-Use.

  • Unknown

Audiences

Check out our Resources for Educators Site! We've identified this book as a primary source within our collections. Researchers, educators, and students may find this book useful in their work.

Provided By

French Legation Museum

French Legation Museum collection documents the work of renowned preservation architect, Raiford Stripling. In the 1950s, Stripling was hired by the Daughters of the Republic of Texas to oversee the ongoing historic restoration of the Legation structure and planning for the historic site and its outbuildings. As the oldest existing home in Austin, the Legation and the Museum possess a unique and important history for Austin and Texas.

Contact Us

What

Descriptive information to help identify this book. Follow the links below to find similar items on the Portal.

Description

Guest book from the French Legation Museum (formerly the Republic of Texas French Embassy) containing the signatures of visitors as well as their towns of origin and dates that they visited the museum. There is a photograph of the museum on the front with a caption explaining its origins. Additionally, there is a newspaper clipping pasted into the book before the start of the register from 1924 entitled "The Register At The French Embassy" describing the history of the guest book.

Physical Description

152 p. ; 36 cm.

Subjects

Keywords

University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure

Language

Item Type

Collections

This book is part of the following collection of related materials.

Texas History Collection

Drawn from collections at the UNT Libraries and various partners, these materials about Texas history include artifacts, books, documents, manuscripts, photographs, maps, letters, and more.

What responsibilities do I have when using this book?

When

Dates and time periods associated with this book.

Dates

  • This book's creation, acceptance, or submission date is unknown.

Covered Time Period

Start & End Dates

  • March 24, 1921 - February 12, 1952

Added to The Portal to Texas History

  • Aug. 31, 2011, 1:24 a.m.

Usage Statistics

When was this book last used?

Yesterday: 0
Past 30 days: 0
Total Uses: 201

Where

Geographical information about where this book originated or about its content.

Map Information

  • map marker Automatically generated Place Name coordinates.
  • Repositioning map may be required for optimal printing.

Mapped Locations

Interact With This Book

Here are some suggestions for what to do next.

Start Reading

Citations, Rights, Re-Use

Miss Lillie's Guest Book, book, Date Unknown; (texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth182640/: accessed September 28, 2016), University of North Texas Libraries, The Portal to Texas History, texashistory.unt.edu; crediting French Legation Museum.