[Receipt for sale of slave to A. D. Kennard, October 10, 1842] Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title [Receipt for sale of slave to A. D. Kennard, October 10, 1842]
- Series Title A. D. Kennard Family Papers, 1842-1884
Author: Smith, ThomasContributor Type: Personal
- Creation: 1842-10-10
- Content Description: Receipt for sale of a slave from Thomas Smith to A.D. Kennard. She is described as a 14 year old girl named Adlin.
- Physical Description:  p. ; 20 x 24 cm.
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Social Life and Customs - Correspondence
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Military and War - Wars - Civil War
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Social Life and Customs - Slavery
- Named Person: Smith, Thomas
- Named Person: Singleton, John H.
- Named Person: Jones, William
- Named Person: Hale, Josha
- Named Person: Kennard, A. D.
- Named Person: Adlin
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Kennard, A. D., 1818-1885 -- Archives.
- Item is a Primary Source
- Time Period: civ-war
- Coverage Date: 1842-10-10
- Place Name: United States - Texas - Johnson County
Name: The Civil War and its Aftermath: Diverse PerspectivesCode: CWADP
Name: UNT Libraries Special CollectionsCode: UNTA
- OCLC: 38108406
- UNT Catalog No.: b2054589
- Accession or Local Control No: ADK_2075-007-003
- Call Number: Mss Kennard
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metapth182790
- Digital Preservation: creationAppName: Adobe Photoshop creationAppVersion: CS