Certificate of Honorary Membership in the Young Democratic Club of Nueces County, Texas Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Certificate of Honorary Membership in the Young Democratic Club of Nueces County, Texas
Young Democratic Club of Nueces County, TexasContributor Type: OrganizationContributor Info: The Young Democratic Club of Nueces County, Texas granted an Honorary Membership to Sam Rayburn in 1949.
- Creation: 1949
- Content Description: Certificate given to Sam Rayburn by the Young Democratic Club of Nueces County, Texas. Mr. Rayburn was given an honorary membership in the club on November 19, 1949. The document is printed on standard size ivory paper. The text of the certificate reads: "CERTIFICATE OF HONORARY MEMBERSHIP IN THE YOUNG DEMOCRATIC CLUB OF NUECES COUNTY, TEXAS THIS IS TO CERTIFY THAT SAM RAYBURN IS HELD IN SUCH HIGH ESTEEM BY THE MEMBER- SHIP OF THIS ORGANIZATION THAT IT HAS ELECTED TO CONFER UPON HIM THE FULL RIGHTS AND PRIVILEGES OF HONORARY MEMBERSHIP IN TESTIMONY WHEREOF, THE AUTHORIZED OFFICER OF THIS ORGANIZATION HAS HERETO AFFIXED HIS OF- FICIAL SIGNATURE THIS 19th DAY OF NOVEMBER 1949. LESLIE CHAPMAN (?) (signature) PRESIDENT"
- Physical Description: 1 document : b&w ; 8 1/2 x 11 inches.
- NMC Chenhalls: Communication Artifact
- Keyword: Rayburn, Sam
- Item is a Primary Source
- Place Name: United States - Texas - Fannin County - Bonham
- Place Name: United States - Texas - Nueces County
Name: Rescuing Texas History, 2011Code: SG11
Name: Sam Rayburn House MuseumCode: SRH
- Accession or Local Control No: SRH_N72-455a
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metapth183535
- Digital Preservation: creationAppName: Adobe Photoshop creationAppVersion: CS