[Dallas Police Officer H.B. McLain outside of Parkland Hospital] Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title [Dallas Police Officer H.B. McLain outside of Parkland Hospital]
Photographer: Dallas Times HeraldCreator Type: OrganizationCreator Info: Staff photographer
- Creation: 1963-11-22
- No Language
- Content Description: Original black and white photographic negative taken by a Dallas Times Herald staff photographer showing Dallas Police Officer H.B. McLain (at right, wearing white helmet) speaking with an unidentified man outside of Parkland Hospital on November 22, 1963. The man on the left is an unidentified Secret Service agent.
- Physical Description: 1 photograph : negative, b&w ; 35 mm.
- Keyword: Parkland Hospital
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Kennedy, John F. (John Fitzgerald), 1917-1963.
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Business, Economics and Finance - Medicine - Hospitals
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Government and Law - Law Enforcement - Police
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Presidents -- Assassination -- Dallas (Tex.)
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Kennedy, John F. (John Fitzgerald), 1917-1963 -- Assassination.
- Named Person: McLain, H. B.
- Keyword: Secret Service
- Item is a Primary Source
- Place Name: United States - Texas - Dallas County - Dallas
- Time Period: mod-tim
- Coverage Date: 1963-11-22
Name: Rescuing Texas History, 2011Code: SG11
Name: Dallas Times Herald CollectionCode: DTHJFK
Name: John F. Kennedy Memorial CollectionCode: JFKAM
Name: The Sixth Floor Museum at Dealey PlazaCode: SFMDP
- Rights Holder: The Sixth Floor Museum at Dealey Plaza
- Accession or Local Control No: 1989.100.0012.0003
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metapth184662
- Digital Preservation: creationAppName: Adobe Photoshop creationAppVersion: CS creationHardware: Epson Perfection V750-M Pro
- Display Note: This image is the third photograph on negative strip 12 in the Dallas Times Herald collection.
- Display Note: The Dallas Times Herald newspaper employed a number of staff photographers who were assigned to cover President Kennedy's visit to Fort Worth and Dallas. Not all photographs have a confirmed photographer. The images on this negative strip were taken by a Dallas Times Herald staff photographer. There were three photographers at Parkland Hospital that day: John Mazziotta, Bob Jackson and Eamon Kennedy. Since Jackson appears in the last picture on the strip, #10, the photographer had to have been either Kennedy or Mazziotta.