[Police Chief Jesse Curry and New York Times Reporter Tom Wicker at Parkland Hospital] Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title [Police Chief Jesse Curry and New York Times Reporter Tom Wicker at Parkland Hospital]
Photographer: Dallas Times HeraldCreator Type: OrganizationCreator Info: Staff photographer
- Creation: 1963-11-22
- Content Description: Original black and white photographic negative taken by a Dallas Times Herald staff photographer. This image shows Dallas Police Chief Jesse Curry standing beside an unidentified police officer outside of Parkland Hospital on November 22, 1963. The top has been put on the presidential limousine, seen in the background. The man at the right edge of the photo is Tom Wicker, a New York Times reporter.
- Physical Description: 1 photograph : negative, b&w ; 35 mm.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Kennedy, John F. (John Fitzgerald), 1917-1963 -- Assassination.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Presidents -- Assassination -- Dallas (Tex.)
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Presidents -- America.
- Keyword: Parkland Hospital
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Business, Economics and Finance - Medicine - Hospitals
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Business, Economics and Finance - Communications - Media
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Government and Law - Law Enforcement
- Named Person: Curry, Jesse
- Named Person: Wicker, Tom
- Keyword: The New York Times
- Item is a Primary Source
- Place Name: United States - Texas - Dallas County - Dallas
- Time Period: mod-tim
- Coverage Date: 1963-11-22
Name: Rescuing Texas History, 2011Code: SG11
Name: Dallas Times Herald CollectionCode: DTHJFK
Name: John F. Kennedy Memorial CollectionCode: JFKAM
Name: The Sixth Floor Museum at Dealey PlazaCode: SFMDP
- Rights Holder: The Sixth Floor Museum at Dealey Plaza
- Accession or Local Control No: 1989.100.0016.0004
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metapth184702
- Digital Preservation: creationAppName: Adobe Photoshop creationAppVersion: CS creationHardware: Epson Perfection V750-M Pro
- Display Note: This image is the fourth photograph on negative strip 16 in the Dallas Times Herald collection.
- Display Note: The Dallas Times Herald newspaper employed a number of staff photographers who were assigned to cover President Kennedy's visit to Fort Worth and Dallas. Not all photographs have a confirmed photographer. The images on this negative strip were taken by one of two Dallas Times Herald staff photographers at Parkland Hospital on November 22, 1963. There were two Dallas Times Herald photographers at Parkland who stayed for the press conference which appears in the last frames on this negative strip - Eamon Kennedy and John Mazziotta. One of them took these photos. Bob Jackson, who was at Parkland earlier, was not present at the press conference.