[Formal portrait of George A. Hill, Jr.] Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title [Formal portrait of George A. Hill, Jr.]
Photographer: Blank & Stoller, NYCreator Type: Organization
- Creation: c. 1940
- Digitized: 2006-09-21
- No Language
- Content Description: Formal portrait of George A. Hill, Jr. Interior shot.
- Physical Description: Original print, black & white. 8" x 10"
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Hill, George Alfred, 1892-1949.
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: People - Individuals
- Item is a Primary Source
- Place Name: United States
- Time Period: mod-tim
- Coverage Date: c. 1940
Name: Texas History CollectionCode: THC
Name: The Museum of Fine Arts, HoustonCode: MFAH
- Rights Access: public
- Accession or Local Control No: MS39-08-010
- Display Note: Oilman, attorney and author, George Alfred Hill, Jr. (1892-1949) held the office of the vice president of the Houston Natural Gas Corporation from 1928-1932. He also served as the general counsel and president of the Houston Pipe Line Company and the Houston Oil Company. He was a life member of the Texas State Historical Association and chairman of the board for the San Jacinto Monument and Museum. Other associations to which he belonged include the Philosophical Society of Texas, the Sons of the Republic of Texas and the Texas Folklore Society. Among his publications are Houston, the Capital of the Republic; The Hill Family of Fayetteville; and United States Foreign Policy and Petroleum Reserves Corporation. Hill, a native Texas and World War I veteran, was married to Mary Van den Berge Hill.
- Digital Preservation: creationAppName: MagicScan32 creationAppVersion: 4.5 creationAppName: Adobe Photoshop creationAppVersion: 7 creationHardware: UMAX Powerlook 2100 XL