[Mary Van den Berge Hill with children, George, Raymond and Joanne] Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title [Mary Van den Berge Hill with children, George, Raymond and Joanne]
Photographer: Poor, S. L.Creator Type: Personal
- Creation: c. 1927
- Digitized: 2006-09-28
- No Language
- Content Description: Mary Van den Berge Hill wearing pearls posed with children, (from left) George, Raymond and Joanne with drapery in background. Interior shot.
- Physical Description: Original print, sepia. 8" x 6"
- Keyword: Hill, Mary Van den Berge
- Keyword: Hill, George, III
- Keyword: Hill, Raymond
- Keyword: Hill, Joanne
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: People
- Item is a Primary Source
- Place Name: United States
- Time Period: oil-gas
- Coverage Date: c. 1927
Name: Robert Joy CollectionCode: RJOY
Name: The Museum of Fine Arts, HoustonCode: MFAH
- Rights Access: public
- Accession or Local Control No: MS39-10-003
- Display Note: Oilman, attorney and author, George Alfred Hill, Jr. (1892-1949) married third generation Texan, Mary Van den Berge in 1916. George Hill was general counsel and president of the Houston Pipe Line Company and the Houston Oil Company as well as the vice president of the Houston Natural Gas Corporation. He was a member of the Texas State Historical Association, the San Jacinto Monument and Museum, the Philosophical Society of Texas, the Sons of the Republic of Texas and the Texas Folklore Society. Mary Hill was a member of the Junior League of Houston and the Roadside Council of the Texas Highway Commission. and She was also an active member of the Garden Club of Houston, serving a term as its president. The Hills had three children, George, Joanne, and Raymond.
- Digital Preservation: creationAppName: MagicScan32 creationAppVersion: 4.5 creationAppName: Adobe Photoshop creationAppVersion: 7 creationHardware: UMAX Powerlook 2100 XL