The Dallas Journal, Volume 43, 1997 Page: 8
The following text was automatically extracted from the image on this page using optical character recognition software:
DALLAS GENEALOGICAL SOCIETY
Standing Rules amended and approved by the Board of Directors March 10, 1997
(The Dallas Genealogical Society herein after referred to as the Society)
The standing rules of the Society are governed by the Society bylaws, Article XIII.
Proposed changes, additions, or deletions to the standing rules must be presented in
writing to the board of directors for approval by a majority vote. Such rules are for the
guidance of the Society officers, directors, and members and cannot conflict with these
1. Queries in Society publications are free to members; non-members shall pay
$3.00 per query.
2. All life membership dues shall be separately invested in an interest bearing
account, interest annually to be transferred to the operating fund.
3. No Society member shall act in the name of the Society without the approval of
the board of directors.
4. Members of the Society shall not do research for persons in the name of the
5. The members of the Society shall not give or sell the Society membership list to
any person or organization without the approval of the board of directors.
6. The Society shall present an annual memorial honoring deceased members to the
genealogy section of the J. Erik Jonsson Central Library.
7. The Society shall pay for the addition of each outgoing president's name to the
Society's plaque at the library. This shall be the duty of the president.
8. The recording secretary shall give each board of directors member a copy of the
current bylaws at the first board of directors meeting.
9. Two (2) of three (3) authorized signatures shall be required on all Society checks.
One (1) signature shall be that of the president or the treasurer. The third
authorized signature will be as designated by the executive committee.
10. The board of directors shall set the prices for all Society materials sold.
11. A committee of at least three (3) persons shall be appointed by the president each
year to review the nonmember newsletter mailing list and the exchange mailing
list. Additions or deletions shall be reported to the board of directors.
12. At the annual meeting in May the president may appoint two (2) members of the
Society to read and approve the minutes of that meeting.
13. Advertising in all Society publications must have prior approval of the executive
committee. Fees for approved advertising shall be established by the board of
14. Announcements at regular meetings not pertaining to the Society, must have been
submitted in writing to the presiding officer for prior approval by the board of
Here’s what’s next.
This issue can be searched. Note: Results may vary based on the legibility of text within the document.
Tools / Downloads
Get a copy of this page or view the extracted text.
Citing and Sharing
Basic information for referencing this web page. We also provide extended guidance on usage rights, references, copying or embedding.
Reference the current page of this Periodical.
Dallas Genealogical Society. The Dallas Journal, Volume 43, 1997, periodical, June 1999; Dallas, Texas. (texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth186856/m1/14/: accessed April 20, 2018), University of North Texas Libraries, The Portal to Texas History, texashistory.unt.edu; crediting Dallas Genealogical Society.