The Dallas Journal, Volume 43, 1997 Page: 9
The following text was automatically extracted from the image on this page using optical character recognition software:
15. Profit making persons or organizations are prohibited from soliciting, handing out
fliers, or in any other way advertising their goods and services at Society
meetings or on the premises, unless previously approved by the board of
16. Use of Society materials for any computer bulletin board must have prior
approval of the board of directors.
17. A committee of four (4) persons (two from the Board and two from the
membership-at-large) shall be appointed no later than September 1st by the
President to select recipients of the Dallas Genealogical Society Annual Service
Awards. The awards shall be DGS Volunteer of the Year, DGS Award of Merit,
DGS Distinguished Service Award, and DGS Heritage Preservation Award.
Selection of recipients shall be based on established criteria. The awards shall be
presented at a special fall event sponsored by the Society.
18. The President shall appoint in January a DGS member to serve as the Federation
of Genealogical Societies (FGS) Delegate; position to be a 12 month term, from
January to January.
19. DGS shall sponsor a Writing Awards Competition; the President will appoint a
Writing Awards committee chairperson to organize this competition.
20. The Society shall maintain a balance of one hundred and five percent (105%) of
the current annual operating budget in the general fund at the end of the fiscal
1977~~_~ 9 G ora
Here’s what’s next.
This issue can be searched. Note: Results may vary based on the legibility of text within the document.
Citing and Sharing
Basic information for referencing this web page. We also provide extended guidance on usage rights, references, copying or embedding.
Reference the current page of this Periodical.
Dallas Genealogical Society. The Dallas Journal, Volume 43, 1997, periodical, June 1999; Dallas, Texas. (texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth186856/m1/15/: accessed June 26, 2017), University of North Texas Libraries, The Portal to Texas History, texashistory.unt.edu; crediting Dallas Genealogical Society.