The Dallas Journal, Volume 53, 2007 Page: 18
The following text was automatically extracted from the image on this page using optical character recognition software:
El Tivoli Place History
A 1949 aerial view of the El Tivoli Place Addition.
A Warranty Deed was issued from El
Tivoli, Incorporated, to A. P. Simons dated
1 September 1945. The deed is found in
Deed Book 2593, page 121, located in the
Records Building in Dallas, Texas.
Apparently there was a deed issued for
each house in the addition.
By May 1949, the rental market was not
doing so well, and Mr. Simons decided to
sell. At that time the houses were renting at
the OPA's (Office of Price Administration)
ceiling of $60 per month. On June 29,
1949, (Deed Book 3153, page 205) A. P.
Simons sold the El Tivoli Addition,
consisting of 190 separate pieces of
property, to F. H. Company for
$1,037,097.78. Mr. D. Avery, an agent for
F. H. Company, was to put the houses on
the market for sale. He located his office at
612 Reverchon. Mr. Avery stated that the
people who were renting would be given
first choice to buy. If they chose not to
buy, they could remain on the property
until the property was sold.
This is a oopy of the deed in VOL 3314 page 327 from
AP Simonto F H Compaenyfor LOT TWELVE (12) in
BLOCK 3/5118 of El Tivol Ddie in the
EL TIVOLI ADDITION of DALLAS, DALLAS, TEXAS.
18 Dallas Journal 2007
aimY .. .. .. _.. d .
Here’s what’s next.
This issue can be searched. Note: Results may vary based on the legibility of text within the document.
Tools / Downloads
Get a copy of this page or view the extracted text.
Citing and Sharing
Basic information for referencing this web page. We also provide extended guidance on usage rights, references, copying or embedding.
Reference the current page of this Periodical.
Dallas Genealogical Society. The Dallas Journal, Volume 53, 2007, periodical, October 2007; Dallas, Texas. (texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth186866/m1/22/: accessed June 22, 2018), University of North Texas Libraries, The Portal to Texas History, texashistory.unt.edu; crediting Dallas Genealogical Society.