[Abe and Joe Weingarten standing behind deck before group with retirement plan signage] Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title [Abe and Joe Weingarten standing behind deck before group with retirement plan signage]
Photographer: Walden, ThaineCreator Type: PersonalCreator Info: Houston, Texas
- Creation: 1950~
- Digitized: 2006-09-22
- No Language
- Content Description: Abe and Joe Weingarten standing behind deck before group with retirement plan signage with American flag on the far left background.
- Physical Description: Original print, black & white. 8" x 10". Curling.
- Keyword: Weingarten, Joseph, 1884-1967
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Business, Economics and Finance - Stores - Grocery Stores
- Keyword: Weingarten's
- Keyword: Weingarten, Abe
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: People - Individuals
- Item is a Primary Source
- Place Name: United States - Texas
- Time Period: mod-tim
- Coverage Date: 1950~
Name: Robert Joy CollectionCode: RJOY
Name: The Museum of Fine Arts, HoustonCode: MFAH
- Rights Access: public
- Accession or Local Control No: MS39-14-016
- Display Note: Joseph Weingarten (1884-1967) started a chain of grocery stores, Weingarten's, with locations in Texas, Louisiana, and Arkansas. He was a director of the Burlington-Rock Island Railroad and the Ampal-American Israel Corporation; a member of the board of the National Association of Food Chains and first president of the Super Market Institute of America; a board member of the Texas Medical Center, the Medical Research Foundation of Texas, and Baylor Medical Foundation; a supporter of the Jewish Theological Seminary of America in New York and B'nai B'rith, a founder of Beth Yeshurun synagogue in Houston and established the World Institute for World Peace Foundation.
- Digital Preservation: creationAppName: MagicScan32 creationAppVersion: 4.5 creationAppName: Adobe Photoshop creationAppVersion: 7 creationHardware: UMAX Powerlook 2100 XL