Denton County, Texas Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Denton County, Texas
Compiler: Texas & Pacific Railway. Land Dept.Creator Type: OrganizationCreator Info: "Office, Land Department, Texas & Pacific Railway Co."
Name: Texas & Pacific Railway. Land Dept.Place of Publication: Marshall, Texas
- Creation: 1870/1889~
- Content Description: Map of Denton County showing the parcels of land within the county labeled with the owners. A note at the top of the map says, "Lands of the Texas & Pacific Railway Co. are colored yellow." Additionally, some bodies of water, roads, railroad tracks, and towns appear to be marked. A small box in the upper-right corner is labeled "Diagram of a Section" and states "1900 Varas square = 640 acres." Scale [ca. 1:133,333] (4000 Varas to 1 inch, 1 Vara = 33 1/3 inches).
- Physical Description: 1 map : col. ; 44 x 37 cm.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Denton County (Tex.) -- Maps.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Real property -- Texas -- Denton County - Maps.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Landowners -- Texas -- Denton County -- Maps.
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Places - United States - Texas - Denton County
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Landscape and Nature - Geography and Maps
- Keyword: cadastral maps
- Keyword: plat maps
- Keyword: counties
- Keyword: county maps
- Keyword: Texas & Pacific Railway Company
- Item is a Primary Source
- Place Name: United States - Texas - Denton County
- Time Period: new-sou
Name: Rare Book and Texana CollectionsCode: UNTRB
Name: UNT Libraries Special CollectionsCode: UNTA
- OCLC: 77570093
- Call Number: G4033.D45 1870.T48
- UNT Catalog No.: b3131173
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metapth187276
- Display Note: "I, W. C. Walsh, Commissioner of the General Land Office do certify that this Map of Denton County is a true and correct Copy of the Map now in use in this Office, compiled from official data." "Copyright 1879. W. C. Walsh, Commissioner of the General Land Office of the State of Texas."
- Digital Preservation: creationHardware: BetterLight Super8K