Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title California.
Author: J.H. Colton & Co.Creator Type: Organization
Name: J.H. Colton & Co.Place of Publication: New York, New York.
- Creation: 1855
- Content Description: Map shows railroads, potential railroad routes, and historical routes of exploration in California. Some descriptive text detailing topography and vegetation is also present. Inset shows some buildings, names of streets, and some neighborhoods. Includes legend and relief shown by hachures. Scale [ca. 1:3,100,000] and [ca. 1:31,680].
- Physical Description: 1 map : col. ; 36 x 31 cm.
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Landscape and Nature - Geography and Maps
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Places - United States - California
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Railroads -- California -- Maps.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Discoveries in geography -- California -- Maps.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Streets -- San Francisco -- Maps.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: California -- Maps.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: San Francisco -- Maps.
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Business, Economics and Finance - Transportation - Railroads
- Item is a Primary Source
- Place Name: United States - California
- Coverage Date: 1855.
Name: Map Collections from the University of Texas at ArlingtonCode: UTAM
Name: University of Texas at Arlington LibraryCode: UTA
- Accession or Local Control No: 100016
- OCLC: 38144035
- Digital Preservation: creationHardware: BetterLight Super8K
- Display Note: In right upper margin: No. 52.