[Stained Glass Window Pane of Hanukkah Menorah] Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title [Stained Glass Window Pane of Hanukkah Menorah]
Photographer: Lauer, RalphCreator Type: PersonalCreator Info: "Photo by Ralph Lauer, for Beth-El Congregation"
Artisan: United Glass & Mirror Co.Contributor Type: OrganizationContributor Info: Formerly Dallas Art Glass Co.; created stained-glass windows in 1947
- Creation: 1999
- No Language
- Content Description: Photograph of a stained-glass window pane depicting an 18th century German Hanukkah menorah. The candelabra's branches are curved like the flowering branches of a bush. It is one of more than two dozen circular stained-glass discs created for the sanctuary of Fort Worth's Temple Beth-El; most of the images were copied from a book on Jewish treasures to represent a collection of Judaica in miniature. This circular pane is presently stored in the Temple Archives.
- Physical Description: 1 photograph : col. ; 10 x 8 in.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Religious institutions.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Synagogues -- Texas -- Fort Worth.
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Religion - Synagogues
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Religion - Denominations - Jewish
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Architecture
- Keyword: temples
- Keyword: stained glass windows
- Keyword: Judaism
- Keyword: Jewish community
- Item is a Primary Source
- Place Name: United States - Texas - Tarrant County - Fort Worth
- Time Period: mod-tim
- Coverage Date: 1999
Name: Rescuing Texas History, 2010Code: SG10
Name: Beth-El Congregation ArchivesCode: BECA
- Accession or Local Control No: BEA-PIX-BLD-2-STGL-001
- Display Note: The images were painted on circles of glass and fired in 1947 at a Dallas studio for the temple located at 207 W. Broadway Ave. When the congregation moved in 2000, the stained-glass images were removed and twelve (depicting the Twelve Tribes of Israel) were incorporated into the new building; the remaining stained-glass medallions, including this one, were placed in storage in the archives.
- Digital Preservation: creationAppName: Adobe Photoshop creationAppVersion: CS creationHardware: Epson Perfection V700 Photo