[Beth-El Congregation's Second Synagogue] Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title [Beth-El Congregation's Second Synagogue]
Photographer: J. AllisonCreator Type: OrganizationCreator Info: J. Allison photographer, 4500 Byrd Drive, Fort Worth, Texas
Architect: Pollard, J. J.Contributor Type: Personal
Other: Wm. Bryce & Co.Contributor Type: OrganizationContributor Info: Building was constructed by Wm. Bryce & Co.
- Creation: 1948
- Content Description: Photograph of the second synagogue of Beth-El Congregation, Fort Worth's Reform Jewish house of worship. The photo appears to have been taken in 1948 after the temple was refurbished due to a 1946 fire that gutted the interior. The red-brick building, at 207 W. Broadway Ave., has two-stories plus a basement with a social hall and kitchen. The building's facade has a frieze above the entry with a quote from Psalms ("Give Ear, O Lord, Unto My Prayer") as well as two menorahs above the frieze. There are also stained-glass windows around the entrance and along the length of the building. A handwritten note on the back of the photo says, "Exterior 2nd Temple. 207 W. Broadway."
- Physical Description: 1 photograph : b&w ; 8 x 10 in.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Religious institutions.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Synagogues -- Texas -- Fort Worth.
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Religion - Synagogues
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Religion - Denominations - Jewish
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Architecture - Buildings
- Keyword: temples
- Keyword: Judaism
- Keyword: Jewish community
- Item is a Primary Source
- Place Name: United States - Texas - Tarrant County - Fort Worth
- Time Period: mod-tim
- Coverage Date: 1948
Name: Rescuing Texas History, 2010Code: SG10
Name: Beth-El Congregation ArchivesCode: BECA
- Accession or Local Control No: BEA-PIX-BLD2-EXT-001
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metapth188533
- Display Note: Beth-El Congregation moved into this building in the fall of 1920; the building burned in 1946 and was refurbished by contractor Harry B. Friedman. In later years, the telephone pole on the corner and house next door were absent.
- Digital Preservation: creationAppName: Adobe Photoshop creationAppVersion: CS creationHardware: Epson Perfection V700 Photo