[Interior of Beth-El Congregation Sanctuary]

Description

Photograph of the interior of the second house of worship for Fort Worth's Reform Jewish congregation after being remodeled in 1981. This image was taken with the main lights turned off to show the sanctuary's 72 Castelli fiberglass lights, which evoke the imagery of a flock of doves. The stained glass in the background dates to the 1948 remodeling.

Physical Description

1 photograph : col. ; 21 x 28 cm.

Creation Information

Lauer, Ralph 2000.

Context

This photograph is part of the collection entitled: Rescuing Texas History, 2010 and was provided by Beth-El Congregation Archives to The Portal to Texas History, a digital repository hosted by the UNT Libraries. It has been viewed 43 times . More information about this photograph can be viewed below.

Who

People and organizations associated with either the creation of this photograph or its content.

Photographer

  • Lauer, Ralph "Ralph Lauer, for Beth-El Congregation Archives"

Architect

  • Cohen, John Mike John Mike Cohen of St. Louis; designed interior of the temple.

Audiences

Check out our Resources for Educators Site! We've identified this photograph as a primary source within our collections. Researchers, educators, and students may find this photograph useful in their work.

Provided By

Beth-El Congregation Archives

The Archives are dedicated to preserving memorabilia from the past and present pertaining to the Beth-El Congregation, a Fort Worth reform synagogue as well as its its members, activities, and the involvement of Jews in the local community. The Archives document the history of the local Jewish community dating back to the late 1850s.

Contact Us

What

Descriptive information to help identify this photograph. Follow the links below to find similar items on the Portal.

Description

Photograph of the interior of the second house of worship for Fort Worth's Reform Jewish congregation after being remodeled in 1981. This image was taken with the main lights turned off to show the sanctuary's 72 Castelli fiberglass lights, which evoke the imagery of a flock of doves. The stained glass in the background dates to the 1948 remodeling.

Physical Description

1 photograph : col. ; 21 x 28 cm.

Notes

In 1981 this worship area was renamed the Sol and Etta Brachman Sanctuary, in honor of the benefactors of the remodeling.

Subjects

Keywords

Library of Congress Subject Headings

University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure

Item Type

Identifier

Unique identifying numbers for this photograph in the Portal or other systems.

Collections

This photograph is part of the following collection of related materials.

Rescuing Texas History, 2010

Rescuing Texas History, 2010 is comprised of photographs, postcards, maps, letters, yearbooks, and other materials that reflect on bygone eras of Texas history.

What responsibilities do I have when using this photograph?

When

Dates and time periods associated with this photograph.

Creation Date

  • 2000

Covered Time Period

Coverage Date

Added to The The Portal to Texas History

  • Oct. 11, 2011, 4:13 p.m.

Usage Statistics

When was this photograph last used?

Yesterday: 0
Past 30 days: 0
Total Uses: 43

Where

Geographical information about where this photograph originated or about its content.

Map Information

  • map marker Automatically generated Place Name coordinates.
  • Repositioning map may be required for optimal printing.

Mapped Locations

Interact With This Photograph

Here are some suggestions for what to do next.

Start Viewing

Citations, Rights, Re-Use

Lauer, Ralph. [Interior of Beth-El Congregation Sanctuary], photograph, 2000; (texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth188537/: accessed December 15, 2017), University of North Texas Libraries, The Portal to Texas History, texashistory.unt.edu; crediting Beth-El Congregation Archives.