[Photograph of the Exterior Corner Detail of Beth-El Temple]

Description

Photograph is a detail of the exterior corner of Beth-El Congregation's third synagogue located at 4900 Briarhaven Rd., Fort Worth. The photo, taken shortly after the building was completed in 2000, includes close-up details of the light-colored limestone bricks and the underside of the roof with its original copper color.

Physical Description

1 photograph : col. ; 4 x 6 in.

Creation Information

Creator: Unknown. 2000.

Context

This photograph is part of the collection entitled: Rescuing Texas History, 2010 and was provided by Beth-El Congregation Archives to The Portal to Texas History, a digital repository hosted by the UNT Libraries. It has been viewed 11 times . More information about this photograph can be viewed below.

Who

People and organizations associated with either the creation of this photograph or its content.

Creator

  • We've been unable to identify the creator(s) of this photograph.

Architect

Rights Holder

For guidance see Citations, Rights, Re-Use.

  • Unknown

Audiences

Check out our Resources for Educators Site! We've identified this photograph as a primary source within our collections. Researchers, educators, and students may find this photograph useful in their work.

Provided By

Beth-El Congregation Archives

The Beth-El Congregation Archives collection includes photographs of confirmation classes dating from 1905 to the present, as well as social events from their community. The collection also includes handwritten notes from the first and second organizing meetings of Beth-El Congregation in 1902.

Contact Us

What

Descriptive information to help identify this photograph. Follow the links below to find similar items on the Portal.

Description

Photograph is a detail of the exterior corner of Beth-El Congregation's third synagogue located at 4900 Briarhaven Rd., Fort Worth. The photo, taken shortly after the building was completed in 2000, includes close-up details of the light-colored limestone bricks and the underside of the roof with its original copper color.

Physical Description

1 photograph : col. ; 4 x 6 in.

Notes

The copper of the roof later turned black due to oxidation of the metal.

Subjects

Item Type

Identifier

Unique identifying numbers for this photograph in the Portal or other systems.

Collections

This photograph is part of the following collection of related materials.

Rescuing Texas History, 2010

Rescuing Texas History 2010, presents local history materials from twelve partners: Bell/Whittington Public Library, Cedar Hill Museum of History, Cleveland Historic Society, Cooke County Library, Dallas Firefighters Museum, Dallas Municipal Archives, Dolph Briscoe Center for American History, Fort Worth Jewish Archives, Friench Simpson Memorial Library, Harris County Archives, Longview Public Library, McAllen Memorial Public Library, Mesquite Public Library, Midwestern State University, Richardson Public Library, St. Philips College, Texas Woman's University, and the University of Texas Health Science Center San Antonio.

What responsibilities do I have when using this photograph?

When

Dates and time periods associated with this photograph.

Creation Date

  • 2000

Covered Time Period

Coverage Date

Added to The Portal to Texas History

  • Oct. 11, 2011, 4:13 p.m.

Description Last Updated

  • Aug. 4, 2013, 6:06 a.m.

Usage Statistics

When was this photograph last used?

Yesterday: 0
Past 30 days: 0
Total Uses: 11

Where

Geographical information about where this photograph originated or about its content.

Map Information

  • map marker Automatically generated Place Name coordinates.
  • Repositioning map may be required for optimal printing.

Mapped Locations

Interact With This Photograph

Here are some suggestions for what to do next.

Start Viewing

Citations, Rights, Re-Use

[Photograph of the Exterior Corner Detail of Beth-El Temple], photograph, 2000; (texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth188541/: accessed August 29, 2016), University of North Texas Libraries, The Portal to Texas History, texashistory.unt.edu; crediting Beth-El Congregation Archives.