[Constantine B. Kilgore and Frances Y. Barnett]

Description

Photograph of Constantine Buckley Kilgore and Frances Y. Barnett of Kilgore, Texas. The city of Kilgore was named after Constantine Kilgore, who was responsible for bringing the railroad to East Texas.

Physical Description

1 photograph : b&w ; 18 x 16 cm.

Creation Information

Creator: Unknown. 1858~.

Context

This photograph is part of the collection entitled: Rescuing Texas History, 2010 and was provided by Longview Public Library to The Portal to Texas History, a digital repository hosted by the UNT Libraries. It has been viewed 103 times . More information about this photograph can be viewed below.

Who

People and organizations associated with either the creation of this photograph or its content.

Creator

  • We've been unable to identify the creator(s) of this photograph.

Named Persons

People who are significant in some way to the content of this photograph. Additional names may appear in Subjects below.

Rights Holder

For guidance see Citations, Rights, Re-Use.

  • Unknown

Audiences

Check out our Resources for Educators Site! We've identified this photograph as a primary source within our collections. Researchers, educators, and students may find this photograph useful in their work.

Provided By

Longview Public Library

Longview Public Library and Gregg County Historical Society feature its collection of photographs that document the development of Longview and the surrounding communities in East Texas.

Contact Us

What

Descriptive information to help identify this photograph. Follow the links below to find similar items on the Portal.

Description

Photograph of Constantine Buckley Kilgore and Frances Y. Barnett of Kilgore, Texas. The city of Kilgore was named after Constantine Kilgore, who was responsible for bringing the railroad to East Texas.

Physical Description

1 photograph : b&w ; 18 x 16 cm.

Subjects

University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure

Item Type

Identifier

Unique identifying numbers for this photograph in the Portal or other systems.

Collections

This photograph is part of the following collection of related materials.

Rescuing Texas History, 2010

Rescuing Texas History 2010, presents local history materials from twelve partners: Bell/Whittington Public Library, Cedar Hill Museum of History, Cleveland Historic Society, Cooke County Library, Dallas Firefighters Museum, Dallas Municipal Archives, Dolph Briscoe Center for American History, Fort Worth Jewish Archives, Friench Simpson Memorial Library, Harris County Archives, Longview Public Library, McAllen Memorial Public Library, Mesquite Public Library, Midwestern State University, Richardson Public Library, St. Philips College, Texas Woman's University, and the University of Texas Health Science Center San Antonio.

What responsibilities do I have when using this photograph?

When

Dates and time periods associated with this photograph.

Creation Date

  • 1858~

Added to The Portal to Texas History

  • Oct. 27, 2011, 2:23 p.m.

Usage Statistics

When was this photograph last used?

Yesterday: 0
Past 30 days: 2
Total Uses: 103

Where

Geographical information about where this photograph originated or about its content.

Map Information

  • map marker Automatically generated Place Name coordinates.
  • Repositioning map may be required for optimal printing.

Mapped Locations

Interact With This Photograph

Here are some suggestions for what to do next.

Start Viewing

Citations, Rights, Re-Use

[Constantine B. Kilgore and Frances Y. Barnett], photograph, 1858~; (texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth191194/: accessed July 27, 2016), University of North Texas Libraries, The Portal to Texas History, texashistory.unt.edu; crediting Longview Public Library.