Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title America.
Author: Magini, Giovanni Antonio, 1555-1617Creator Type: Personal
- Creation: 1620?
- Content Description: Map shows settlements in North and South America. Includes text describing the New World. Descriptors on map in Italian and Latin. Relief shown pictorially. Scale not given.
- Physical Description: 1 map : 12 x 17 cm. on sheet 29 x 21 cm.
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Landscape and Nature - Geography and Maps
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Places - North America
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Places - South America
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Cities and towns -- North America -- Maps.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Cities and towns -- South America -- Maps.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: North America -- Maps.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: South America -- Maps.
- Item is a Primary Source
- Coverage Date: 1620
- Place Name: North America
- Place Name: South America
Name: Map Collections from the University of Texas at ArlingtonCode: UTAM
Name: University of Texas at Arlington LibraryCode: UTA
- Accession or Local Control No: 88-160
- OCLC: 695460664
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metapth192719
- Digital Preservation: creationHardware: BetterLight Super8K
- Display Note: On verso: "Dell'imperio turchesco," and "202."
- Display Note: Publisher and publication information is not printed on map. May have been published in Venice, Italy.