Official Records of the Union and Confederate Navies in the War of the Rebellion. Series 1, Volume 10. Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Official Records of the Union and Confederate Navies in the War of the Rebellion. Series 1, Volume 10.
- Serial Title The War of the Rebellion: Navy Records
Author: United States. War Department.Creator Type: Organization
Other: Long, John Davis, 1838-1915Contributor Type: PersonalContributor Info: "Published under the direction of The Hon. John D. Long, Secretary of the Navy"
Other: Rawson, Edward Kirk, 1846-1934Contributor Type: PersonalContributor Info: Prof. Edward K. Rawson, U. S. Navy, Superintendent Naval War Records
Other: Stewart, Charles West, 1859-1929Contributor Type: PersonalContributor Info: Mr. Charles W. Stewart
Name: United States. Government Printing Office.Place of Publication: Washington D.C.
- Creation: 1900
- Content Description: Records of the War of the Rebellion include copies of naval correspondence (reports, letters, telegrams, and general orders) from both the Union and Confederate Navies discussing their operations. According to the introduction in the first volume, the first series "embraces the reports, orders, and correspondence, both Union and Confederate, relating to all naval operations on the Atlantic and Gulf coasts and inland waters of the United States during the war of the rebellion, together with the operations of vessels acting singly, either as cruisers or privateers, in different parts of the world. These reports are accompanied by such diagrams and maps as may be necessary" (pp. ix-x). Index starts on page 807.
- Physical Description: xxiii, 902 p. : ill. ; 23 cm.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Sources.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Confederate States of America -- History -- Sources.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Confederate States of America. Navy -- Sources.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: United States -- History, Military.
- Keyword: War of the Rebellion papers
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Military and War - Wars - Civil War
- Keyword: Union Navy
- Keyword: Confederate Navy
- Keyword: reports
- Keyword: navies
- Keyword: correspondence
- Keyword: letters
- Keyword: officers
- Keyword: operations
- Keyword: squadrons
- Item is a Primary Source
- Place Name: United States
- Start Date: 1864-05-06
- End Date: 1864-10-27
- Time Period: civ-war
Name: War of the RebellionCode: WARR
Name: UNT Libraries Government Documents DepartmentCode: UNTGD
- Call Number: W 45.5
- OCLC: 5194016
- Library of Congress Control Number: 06-35188
- Library of Congress Control Number: sn 85-64154
- Display Note: "Series I--Volume 10. North Atlantic Blockading Squadron, From May 6, 1864, to October 27, 1864." "By authority of an Act of Congress approved July 31, 1894."
- Digital Preservation: creationAppName: Adobe Photoshop creationAppVersion: CS