Oral History Interview with O. H. King, September 28, 2002 Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Oral History Interview with O. H. King, September 28, 2002
Interviewer: Graham, EddieCreator Type: Personal
Interviewee: King, O. H.Creator Type: PersonalCreator Info: Mr. O. H. "Karl" King
Transcriber: Cook, WandaContributor Type: Personal
Name: National Museum of the Pacific WarPlace of Publication: Fredericksburg, Texas
- Creation: 2002-09-28
- Content Description: Interview with O. H. "Karl" King of Fort Worth, Texas, who is a World War Two veteran of the United States Marine Corps. In the interview, Mr. King recalls memories of his travels, the Japanese attack on Clark Field, the Battle for Bataan, and when he was a Japanese prisoner-of-war. He also talks about other experiences he had while serving in the Marines and his life before and after the war.
- Physical Description: 33 p. ; 28 cm.
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: People - Individuals
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Military and War - United States Armed Forces - United States Marine Corps
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Military and War - Personnel - Veterans
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: World War, 1939-1945 -- Veterans -- Texas.
- Keyword: oral histories
- Keyword: biographies
- Keyword: interviews
- Keyword: campaigns
- Keyword: prisoners-of-war
- Named Person: King, O. H. (Karl)
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: United States. Marine Corps.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Bataan, Battle of, Philippines, 1942.
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Military and War - Wars - World War II
- Keyword: WWII
- Item is a Primary Source
- Place Name: United States - Texas - Tarrant County - Fort Worth
- Place Name: Philippines
- Place Name: Japan
- Time Period: mod-tim
- Start Date: 1924-12-05
- End Date: 2002-09-28
- Is Format Of: Oral History Interview with O. H. King, September 28, 2002 [recording], OH00642, ark:/67531/metapth204485
Name: Rescuing Texas History, 2011Code: SG11
Name: National Museum of the Pacific War Oral History CollectionCode: NMPW
Name: Texas Oral History CollectionCode: TOHC
Name: World War Two CollectionCode: WWII
Name: National Museum of the Pacific War/Admiral Nimitz FoundationCode: NMPW
- Accession or Local Control No: NMPW_OH_King
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metapth193883
- Display Note: Transcribed on December 26, 2002 in Hunt, Texas; Final editing on July 7, 2003.
- Digital Preservation: creationAppName: Adobe Photoshop creationAppVersion: CS creationHardware: Epson Expression 10000XL